Post by jla01 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:10 am

I just installed the Open Cart software v. 3.0.3.8 on my site and was getting familiar with the admin dashboard. I think the last thing I did was in the settings area, in the "Local" tab, where I indicated the country of origin for the site, measurements, etc. When I was done, I logged off and did some other work.

Returning to the site, I find that I can't reach the admin dashboard. First, I navigated to:

https://greatlakescongress.org/enter/admin/

As normal, I'm presented with a login screen. After I enter my no-special-characters username/password, the URL changes to something like this:

Code: Select all

https://greatlakescongress.org/enter/admin/index.php?route=common/dashboard&user_token=[long string of token-y numbers and letters]
However, only the login page remains visible. I tried "Forgotten password" and reset the password per a previous thread, but that did not work (nor did I expect it to). I do not have any extensions downloaded and I wiped all the cookies from the site from my desktop, but it's the same result each time. Any ideas on how I get the admin page to load again?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:00 am

.htaccess, config.php and / or admin/config.php configuration issues. Also check your error / access logs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jla01 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:00 am
.htaccess, config.php and / or admin/config.php configuration issues. Also check your error / access logs.
Thanks for your response. I don't see anything that appears untoward in either of the config files and there are no errors in my server logs. With respect to the .htaccess, I am not sure what I would be looking for in those, assuming I'm able to locate them.

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:55 pm

jla01 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 am
.htaccess, I am not sure what I would be looking for in those, assuming I'm able to locate them.
If you're not sure where your .htaccess files are you should probably be working with a developer.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:03 pm

Just to know the location of a file does not require a developer. It may require a developer to use it, however, if the reported issue is caused by something specific and cannot be identified from Google already. .htaccess is located on your Opencart main folder.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON