Post by Jassim1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 am

Hello all,

I am running 3.0.7 and everything is fine and dandy. However I turned on server side cache to help the store run better and faster. It worked and the site is now much faster. However, in some cases its too fast and the cart tracking is being lost. For instance I add 2 things to cart. Move around site, and go back to homepage and it shows 0. I know its because the page is now showing as cache https://showbox.tools/.

Is there a way to block an element itself like the cart, from cache? On the server side I only see options to block pages from being cached. But for opencart that doesnt work since its all pages.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Jassim1 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Jassim1 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 am
Hello all,

I am running 3.0.7 and everything is fine and dandy. However I turned on server side cache to help the store run better and faster. It worked and the site is now much faster. However, in some cases its too fast and the cart tracking is being lost. For instance I add 2 things to cart. Move around site, and go back to homepage and it shows 0. I know its because the page is now showing as cache.

Is there a way to block an element itself like the cart, from cache? On the server side I only see options to block pages from being cached. But for opencart that doesnt work since its all pages.

Any ideas?
What does your server setup look like? Does it include LiteSpeed and is it a shared hosting environment or VPS?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by thekrotek » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Which server side cache did you enable?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:09 pm

There is an issue with OpenCart 3.x that will allow browsers to cache responses they shouldn't.

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660

If you did want to cache dynamic content, you would need a cache extension that loads the cart details in a later response.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:59 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:09 pm
There is an issue with OpenCart 3.x that will allow browsers to cache responses they shouldn't.

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660

If you did want to cache dynamic content, you would need a cache extension that loads the cart details in a later response.
Yep I think it could be this too.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Optimise your content and do NOT use caching - simple as that

Location - Wales

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:14 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm
Optimise your content and do NOT use caching - simple as that
I would disagree with this. I'd say optimise your content and ALSO use caching.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom