Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:59 am

Hello All,,

I have opencart Version 3.0.3.6 installed for my store,, I'm looking to get a mobile application (IOS and Android) for the store. what I have installed in the website are as following:
1- Theme : journal theme.
2- Registration by phone no.(email field is hidden) ; verification code will be sent to the customer, once entered, registration completes.
3 -login via phone no. at quick checkout.(email field is hidden)
4 -registration via phone no. at quick checkout , verification will be done also as above.
5 -phone no. fields in all the above modules are format enforced ( example: customer can enter phone no. only like 009647........).

based on the above,, I need your recommendation what is the best option to get a mobile app for my store?
For sure the app has to have the features such as Push Notifications , Deal of the day , Options and filters, My account , My orders ...etc.

Thank you.
Mustafa

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:26 am

Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:59 am
Hello All,,

I have opencart Version 3.0.3.6 installed for my store,, I'm looking to get a mobile application (IOS and Android) for the store. what I have installed in the website are as following:
1- Theme : journal theme.
2- Registration by phone no.(email field is hidden) ; verification code will be sent to the customer, once entered, registration completes.
3 -login via phone no. at quick checkout.(email field is hidden)
4 -registration via phone no. at quick checkout , verification will be done also as above.
5 -phone no. fields in all the above modules are format enforced ( example: customer can enter phone no. only like 009647........).

based on the above,, I need your recommendation what is the best option to get a mobile app for my store?
For sure the app has to have the features such as Push Notifications , Deal of the day , Options and filters, My account , My orders ...etc.

Thank you.
Mustafa
Journal is unsupported on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:30 am

Hello,,

Correct,, I've read the rules prior to posting,, I've just defined my store installations,, I'm looking for help what is the best option/ platform to get a mobile app?\

thank you.
Mustafa

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 am

There isn't one
You would have to build it and deploy it.
Why not just let it run from the web
If you must have that app I hope you have very deep pockets

Location - Wales

Post by linkfm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:09 pm

For push notifications and other functionalities, you'll need to have a custom developed App. Or you can have Progressive Web App with a store web address.

Developing OpenCart Sites ........

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:30 am
I'm looking for help what is the best option/ platform to get a mobile app?\
Contrary to the above, a few do exist. If you can't find any in the marketplace, search Google and some will come up. I can't tell you which ones are good though as we haven't used them.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm

As long as your website uses a good responsive web theme (and not the Journal3 framework) your site will work just fine on any mobile device by using just it's built-in web browser, such as Chrome.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by thekrotek » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:21 pm

You don't really need an app to achieve all this. Login by the phone number, fields format an other stuff can be easily implemented into OpenCart by modifications. As for push notifications, you can replace them with SMS or WhatsApp messages, for example. Mobile app will always be limited comparing to the web version let alone it will be much harder to update it with new features unless you invest in development yourself.

And yes, get rid of the Journal 3, this is the worst choice you could've made.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:27 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm
Mustafamarket wrote:
Contrary to the above, a few do exist. If you can't find any in the marketplace, search Google and some will come up. I can't tell you which ones are good though as we haven't used them.
Nonsense !

Location - Wales

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 pm

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 am
There isn't one
The issue it that people don't like using browsers to access the site; also, few issues i'm facing with the browsers such as it is causing them to logout , so customers need to login again, I assume such issue will be solved in the app.

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 pm

linkfm wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:09 pm
For push notifications and other functionalities, you'll need to have a custom developed App. Or you can have Progressive Web App with a store web address.
Any guide/ recommendation for the Progressive Web App?

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:44 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm
Mustafamarket wrote:
Thank you.

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:18 pm
As long as your website uses a good responsive web theme (and not the Journal3 framework) your site will work just fine on any mobile device by using just it's built-in web browser, such as Chrome.
Its working fine with its built-in web browser. But i'm getting customers feedback that they don't prefer to go to a browser but instead install an app, also some minor issues of the browsers that I need to get it sorted out.

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 pm
linkfm wrote:
Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Its working fine with its built-in web browser. But i'm getting customers feedback that they don't prefer to go to a browser but instead install an app, also some minor issues of the browsers that I need to get it sorted out.
For such request, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Mustafamarket » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:21 pm
You don't really need an app to achieve all this. Login by the phone number, fields format an other stuff can be easily implemented into OpenCart by modifications. As for push notifications, you can replace them with SMS or WhatsApp messages, for example. Mobile app will always be limited comparing to the web version let alone it will be much harder to update it with new features unless you invest in development yourself.

And yes, get rid of the Journal 3, this is the worst choice you could've made.
Thank you; the login by the phone number, fields format an other stuff are working fine through web/browser. The mobile app need to have those features also.

I'm always getting customers preference that an app is better than going to the a browser.
For the Journal theme,, When we installed it, we searched a bit and seemed it is a good option at that time. but after your comment I have to reconsider and search again , any recommendations for an alternative?

Post by Mustafamarket » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:01 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:55 pm
Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 pm
linkfm wrote:
Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
For such request, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.
Ok noted, thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 am

Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 pm
mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 am
There isn't one
The issue it that people don't like using browsers to access the site; also, few issues i'm facing with the browsers such as it is causing them to logout , so customers need to login again, I assume such issue will be solved in the app.
You could always find a professional web developer to build a so-called progressive web app, though it won't make much of a difference in the end result. It would be just another user interface layer, with no added functionality.

See also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressi ... pplication or https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... e_web_apps

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:53 am

Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 pm
I'm always getting customers preference that an app is better than going to the a browser.
Doesn't mean you should get yourself an app. A generic customer can't tell the difference between Amazon and a small local webshop, so when they see that Amazon has app, they tell the local webshop owner that he also better have one. Problem is that Amazon invests hundreds of thousands (if not millions) in their app and it totally worth it. Can you afford spending hundreds of thousands bucks on mobile app? Will you be able to pay off the development costs? I'm pretty sure you won't. Then just ignore what a few whiny customers say and better spend your money on improving the mobile layout of your webshop.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 am

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:53 am
Mustafamarket wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 pm
Doesn't mean you should get yourself an app. A generic customer can't tell the difference between Amazon and a small local webshop, so when they see that Amazon has app, they tell the local webshop owner that he also better have one. Problem is that Amazon invests hundreds of thousands (if not millions) in their app and it totally worth it. Can you afford spending hundreds of thousands bucks on mobile app? Will you be able to pay off the development costs? I'm pretty sure you won't. Then just ignore what a few whiny customers say and better spend your money on improving the mobile layout of your webshop.
In my opinion also the above from thekrotek is absolutely accurate and correct advice.

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:58 am

Yes, I would have to agree here. The demands first needs to be met before an official Business would normally decide to jump to such projects.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON