Post by RangerDeauville » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:52 am

Hi, Im currently using a fresh install of Opencart 3.0.3.8, and Im using the default template applied.

I have created a custom text field, and have configured it to show on the account/register page, however I would like the custom field that is on the page, to be sent to the site admin, when the new customer selects "Continue"

I have seen similiar questions being asked, but the responses didnt really clarify a solution for me.

Ideally Im after the steps required and what files they apply to.

Can anyone help out here at all?

James

Post by by mona » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:21 am

You have not posted what you have tried and the results of those trials.

This would really be considered out of the scope of free support, but I am pretty sure you will be able to find a suitable extension in the marketplace rather than asking for custom work in the commercial section, but if not you can post here viewforum.php?f=88

The methodology would be something like using the the events are already there.
file catalog/controller/mail/register.php, public function alert(&$route, &$args, &$output)

The customer id is in the $output variable from the addCustomer model function.
1) Use that to find the custom fields in the customer table for that id, field custom_field
2) process the custom fields (json_decode)
3) pass them to the view and in the view put the information there.
Last edited by by mona on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by linkfm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 pm

The functionality you are looking for is required custom development work or module. You can contact any OpenCart developer and they can help you.

Developing OpenCart Sites ........

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:06 pm

RangerDeauville wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:52 am
I have created a custom text field, and have configured it to show on the account/register page, however I would like the custom field that is on the page, to be sent to the site admin, when the new customer selects "Continue"
If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom