Post by tarikvps256 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm

hello , i want to make some change to my store and i went to : design--language editor--Add Translation . but when i clic on ''Route'' i can not find anything like the picture !!! so what i have to do !!! help me plz ..

opencart v3.0.2.0 default theme .

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 pm

In future please do not double post - just add a new comment to your previous post.

Have you got a folder en-gb in your filing system?
catalog / language / en-gb

You need to check your files from your installation not via the admin panel.
Check with your host if you are unsure

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Or, to simply check in your file manager, or FTP, for the en-gb folder and files.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Thank you Straightlight for explaining some of the ways you can check if the en-gb folder exists in your Opencart installation.
You forgot to mention your CPanel, presuming you use CPanel.
You have presumed the user uses ftp or has a file manager.

Is there a reason you preferred not to answer the question in the first instance rather than just commenting on the assistance of others?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm

by mona wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Thank you Straightlight for explaining some of the ways you can check if the en-gb folder exists in your Opencart installation.
You forgot to mention your CPanel, presuming you use CPanel.
You have presumed the user uses ftp or has a file manager.

Is there a reason you preferred not to answer the question in the first instance rather than just commenting on the assistance of others?
Simple. Free assistance provides no guarantees. So to add, File Managers can be seen in many host panels, not only cPanel. As per my previous post states; File Manager or FTP.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm

Exactly so as my previous post states
by mona wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 pm

There is no OR in that
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm
Or, to simply check in your file manager, or FTP, for the en-gb folder and files.
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm
Simple. Free assistance provides no guarantees. So to add, File Managers can be seen in many host panels, not only cPanel. As per my previous post states; File Manager or FTP.
If you believed it was not clear, wanted to agree to reinforce the solution or had something to add, why not do it in a positive way?
For example: as above, you need to check if the folder exists, you can check that in a number of ways including
if you use ftp (which is obvious to most people if they use ftp of course)

Do you think it is necessary for me to correct/add to your comment ?
@Straightlight Which file manager do you mean - the one in admin?
In my opinion that would be being critical for the sake of it with no purpose. You might not be being perfectly clear, but obvious nevertheless.

If a user knows there are files and folders from the opencart installation, they will know where they are to check
If a user does not know where the files and folders are located, they ask their host.
Perfectly clear and accurate

In addition, I disagree that free assistance provides any different level . The issue is not about money, it is about the ability to assist based on the information provided, the visibility of the users system, the simplicity of the solution and the desire for someone to help.

You are free to only offer paid support.
I am free to offer free support where it is Opencart related and has no complications to provide it for free.

You do not want to be of any assistance to the user on this post, so don’t, but you do not have to criticise others who choose to for free just because you want to do it being paid. Maybe there are other issues going on and then you can be paid for your guaranteed work, but that is not the case at this point.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am

by mona wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm
Exactly so as my previous post states
by mona wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 pm

There is no OR in that
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm
If you believed it was not clear, wanted to agree to reinforce the solution or had something to add, why not do it in a positive way?
For example: as above, you need to check if the folder exists, you can check that in a number of ways including
if you use ftp (which is obvious to most people if they use ftp of course)

Do you think it is necessary for me to correct/add to your comment ?
@Straightlight Which file manager do you mean - the one in admin?
In my opinion that would be being critical for the sake of it with no purpose. You might not be being perfectly clear, but obvious nevertheless.

If a user knows there are files and folders from the opencart installation, they will know where they are to check
If a user does not know where the files and folders are located, they ask their host.
Perfectly clear and accurate

In addition, I disagree that free assistance provides any different level . The issue is not about money, it is about the ability to assist based on the information provided, the visibility of the users system, the simplicity of the solution and the desire for someone to help.

You are free to only offer paid support.
I am free to offer free support where it is Opencart related and has no complications to provide it for free.

You do not want to be of any assistance to the user on this post, so don’t, but you do not have to criticise others who choose to for free just because you want to do it being paid. Maybe there are other issues going on and then you can be paid for your guaranteed work, but that is not the case at this point.
Correct. I could of add in the meantime that it was about the host console of the File Manager rather than the one from Opencart. However, I see no critism over you on this topic rather than your post being the first to argue about my replies. Besides, it is the 2nd time and 2nd topic you are criticizing about it while I haven't even quoted you on it. Not to worry, though, if I have any issues with your replies - you'll know it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tarikvps256 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:47 pm

sorry for double posting ...
all what i want is change in (Extension List - Payments) i want to change the name of ''Bank Transfer'' to ''Bank Transfer or E-wallet'' how to do it manually with file manager !!!...thanks....
opencart v3.0.2.0 default theme ....
Last edited by tarikvps256 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 am

presuming you mean installed cheque payment

admin/language/en-gb/extension/payment/cheque.php
catalog/language/en-gb/extension/payment/cheque.php

example
find

Code: Select all

$_['text_title']      = 'Cheque / Money Order';
change

$_['text_title']      = 'Money Order wallet';

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by tarikvps256 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:46 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 am
presuming you mean installed cheque payment

admin/language/en-gb/extension/payment/cheque.php
catalog/language/en-gb/extension/payment/cheque.php

example
find

$_['text_title']      = 'Cheque / Money Order';
change

$_['text_title']      = 'Money Order wallet';
thanks alot ... sorry i meant (Bank Transfer)...
2- have i to change all admin and catalog or i can just change it in catalog !!! will be a problem if yes !!!
Last edited by tarikvps256 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:49 am

same logic but to bank transfer.php

The logic is the same, that is the MCV[-L] structure of Opencart
http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/developer/module/

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:50 am

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON