Post by airbrush » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi im using 3.0.2.0 the website was hacked a week ago and now I have an issue with email sending if I use smtp it works like I have the wrong password and wont let people register or make orders so I have to change it to mail it allows orders and new accounts but it still doesnt send the emails any idea where to look and what to look for ?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:09 pm

You do know about punctuation concept, right?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm

airbrush wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Hi im using 3.0.2.0 the website was hacked a week ago and now I have an issue with email sending if I use smtp it works like I have the wrong password and wont let people register or make orders so I have to change it to mail it allows orders and new accounts but it still doesnt send the emails any idea where to look and what to look for ?
Contact you host first. Maybe there is some sort of block on sending as a result of your site being hacked. Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs for any related errors.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:56 pm

airbrush wrote:
If your site was hacked you should get Astra to look urgently as it's very hard to remove all traces of a hack.

Re. your email issues, they're often hard to track down so you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by airbrush » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:39 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm
airbrush wrote:
Contact you host first. Maybe there is some sort of block on sending as a result of your site being hacked. Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs for any related errors.

ive contacted them but they have said its all working ok and I can get emails normally its just the website not sending them.

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm

airbrush wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:39 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
airbrush wrote:

ive contacted them but they have said its all working ok and I can get emails normally its just the website not sending them.
Then, you may have misconfigured your OC admin > systems > settings > edit settings > mail tab form. Ensure to follow your host's cPanel > Email > Settings > Left-lower table of the page (SSL) settings. Once configured, please post a screenshot (without password) and your error log regarding the last email activity with these new email settings.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by airbrush » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:22 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 pm
airbrush wrote:
ADD Creative wrote:

Then, you may have misconfigured your OC admin > systems > settings > edit settings > mail tab form. Ensure to follow your host's cPanel > Email > Settings > Left-lower table of the page (SSL) settings. Once configured, please post a screenshot (without password) and your error log regarding the last email activity with these new email settings.

I did have them working then i was hacked the host company reinstalled the site from a back up and now Im getting this error with email as you can see ive set it to mail this is because when I use smtp it works as if the password is wrong , I have reset the password so im 100% sure its correct but it was still the same. At least this way the site functions to a degree it just doesnt send emails. Weird thing a few days ago for a couple of hours it did send emails with these settings then stopped again.

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm

airbrush wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:22 pm
straightlight wrote:
airbrush wrote:

I did have them working then i was hacked the host company reinstalled the site from a back up and now Im getting this error with email as you can see ive set it to mail this is because when I use smtp it works as if the password is wrong , I have reset the password so im 100% sure its correct but it was still the same. At least this way the site functions to a degree it just doesnt send emails. Weird thing a few days ago for a couple of hours it did send emails with these settings then stopped again.
Instructions unfollowed.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by airbrush » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm
airbrush wrote:
straightlight wrote:

sorry doing too many things at the same time this is all the settings I can see /access on the cpanel and the email isnt shoulng any errors in the logs

Attachments

cpanel email settings.png

cpanel email settings.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 798 times

Post by airbrush » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm
airbrush wrote:
straightlight wrote:

this is the settings in oc

Attachments

mailsettings opencart.png

mailsettings opencart.png (38.65 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:50 pm

Error logs missing.

You're not looking in the right location for your email settings from your host console. If you're not sure on how to look for these settings, contact your host for more information, look it up on Google or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, to have this issue fixed as a custom job. As for the OC email settings, port 25 with SSL / TLS will unlikely work. Either port 465 or 587 with the proper hostname needs to be configured.

In addition, the protocol needs to be set to SMTP.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:16 am

airbrush wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm
If using Mail it is a good idea to set the Mail Parameters setting to "-f email@example.com" (without quotes) where email@example.com would be the same email set in the Store tab of the settings.

If using SMTP you need to check the server, PHP and OpenCart error logs for the exact reason it failed.

If your server is using cPanel, use the Track Delivery page under Mail to check for messages sent by OpenCart to see if they were successful. If they were successful use a online email deliverability checker to check for reasons they don't get delivered.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by airbrush » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:58 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:16 am
airbrush wrote:
If using Mail it is a good idea to set the Mail Parameters setting to "-f email@example.com" (without quotes) where email@example.com would be the same email set in the Store tab of the settings.

If using SMTP you need to check the server, PHP and OpenCart error logs for the exact reason it failed.

If your server is using cPanel, use the Track Delivery page under Mail to check for messages sent by OpenCart to see if they were successful. If they were successful use a online email deliverability checker to check for reasons they don't get delivered.
the host company have checked and said there are no logs for emails from the shop but emails sent normally are being delivered ok they keep saying its a coding issue but i did have ot working a few days ago. Ill try changing the mail settings as described ideally I would like it back to stmp but when i do that people cant place orders or make accounts

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:45 pm

airbrush wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:58 pm
ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:16 am
airbrush wrote:

the host company have checked and said there are no logs for emails from the shop but emails sent normally are being delivered ok they keep saying its a coding issue but i did have ot working a few days ago. Ill try changing the mail settings as described ideally I would like it back to stmp but when i do that people cant place orders or make accounts
Then, it might be due to SMTP email server settings that may have been changed recently and needs to be troubleshooted. Emails are not being sent for a reason and if it only occurs while using SMTP, and your host state there are no logs related to that, then obviously they're not looking at the right place to nail down the problem.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:48 pm

In addition, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via the forum PM, to have this issue investigated as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON