Post by naveen786 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:07 am

Our opencart Version is 3.0.2.0. We have an order containing order number XXX in the system and processed correctly. Fast-forward a few weeks and we can have a "Random" order go through for a completely different customer and it will be assigned the same order number XXX as an older order. The new order does not go into our system and no record in our database exists regarding this new order. But we have a payment for it and that payment is linked to a customer + their information + reference to order XXX = used again.
example:
Sally Walker orders 3 items June 1, 2021 - Total = $105 us
Order Number Given = 20188
Processed through Authorize.net
Shipped June 5, 2021

June 22nd Dave Smith Places an order for 5 items - Total = $215 us
Order Number Given = 20188 (Authorize is the only spot we can see this number because it only exists in our database attached to Sally Walker)
No record of Dave's order exists in our system - Only the Authorize charge exists. No order details or any way for us to send an order, track info, fulfill etc.
We are seeing this issue every now and then. Let me know if I need to provide more details to help me in fixing this issue.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:27 am

naveen786 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:07 am
Our opencart Version is 3.0.2.0. We have an order containing order number XXX in the system and processed correctly. Fast-forward a few weeks and we can have a "Random" order go through for a completely different customer and it will be assigned the same order number XXX as an older order. The new order does not go into our system and no record in our database exists regarding this new order. But we have a payment for it and that payment is linked to a customer + their information + reference to order XXX = used again.
example:
Sally Walker orders 3 items June 1, 2021 - Total = $105 us
Order Number Given = 20188
Processed through Authorize.net
Shipped June 5, 2021

June 22nd Dave Smith Places an order for 5 items - Total = $215 us
Order Number Given = 20188 (Authorize is the only spot we can see this number because it only exists in our database attached to Sally Walker)
No record of Dave's order exists in our system - Only the Authorize charge exists. No order details or any way for us to send an order, track info, fulfill etc.
We are seeing this issue every now and then. Let me know if I need to provide more details to help me in fixing this issue.
Problem solving. Caused by one or multiple installed extensions.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:28 am

What theme are you using and does it change the checkout pages? Are you using any extension that modifies the checkout pages, such as one page checkout? Which of the payment modules are you using? Anything in your OpenCart or PHP error logs that could be related?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom