Post by grendle » Wed May 12, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi all, hope I can get help, I have taken the brave step to move my opencart version only to get a few issues
On the INSTALL page at the very top it says "Unknown: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/sites/grendle.co.uk/public_html/web/system/library/db/mysql.php on line 7"
And in the upgrade progress box it says "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 OK Unknown: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/sites/grendle.co.uk/public_html/web/system/library/db/mysql.php on line 7{"success":"Patch 1000 has been applied (1 of 10)","next":"index.php?route=upgrade\/upgrade\/next&step=2"}"
I cant continue and have no idea how to resolve
HELP PLEASE

Post by grendle » Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 pm

line 7 says
if (!$this->connection = mysql_connect($hostname . ':' . $port, $username, $password)) {
trigger_error('Error: Could not make a database link using ' . $username . '@' . $hostname);
exit();
}

Post by straightlight » Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Upgrading between such versions requires advanced knowledge to go through the process. You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via PM, to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed May 12, 2021 11:50 pm

Change the DB_DRIVER' to 'mysqli' in your config.php and admin/config.php.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 13, 2021 4:36 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:50 pm
Change the DB_DRIVER' to 'mysqli' in your config.php and admin/config.php.
Yep this should do it.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom