Post by ilclark » Thu May 06, 2021 11:39 am

Does anyone know where or how the tracking field in the order table is populated or displayed?

I'm migrating from another cart and would like this information to be viewed on old orders, and also to be of use moving forward with new orders when our site is up and running.
Ta

Cheers,
Iain

OpenCart 3.0.3.2

Post by straightlight » Thu May 06, 2021 6:33 pm

You'd need an extension to import your old orders. See this free extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ilclark » Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 am

I'm using a paid service to import from all the relevant database info from Magento, which seems to do a good job, but looking at that extension you mentioned it only seems to import products/categories.

Anyway, researching a little more and thinking about it, shows the field not to be actually that relevant for actual shipment tracking as a (small) percentage of orders aren't always fulfilled at the one time, so may have multiple tracking numbers for dispatches over a number of different days. I see there are a number of extensions that could be utilised to achieve this.

I also came across a table in the database called order_shipment, this looks ideal but again does anyone know where & how it gets populated?

Cheers,
Iain

OpenCart 3.0.3.2

Post by paulfeakins » Fri May 07, 2021 6:45 pm

ilclark wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 am
I'm using a paid service
You could ask them?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm

ilclark wrote:
I'm using a paid service to import from all the relevant database info from Magento, which seems to do a good job, but looking at that extension you mentioned it only seems to import products/categories.

Anyway, researching a little more and thinking about it, shows the field not to be actually that relevant for actual shipment tracking as a (small) percentage of orders aren't always fulfilled at the one time, so may have multiple tracking numbers for dispatches over a number of different days. I see there are a number of extensions that could be utilised to achieve this.

I also came across a table in the database called order_shipment, this looks ideal but again does anyone know where & how it gets populated?
This database table is on the road of deprecation for future OC releases on the Github Opencart repository. You'd have to try with other extensions on the Marketplace if your service cannot achieve this. Otherwise, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ilclark » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

Hi Paul, I know how to populate the tracking field as part of the Magento migration so I don't lose that information after we finish migration, so that part is fine. It's the order_shipment table moving forward I wanted to explore, it seems to be the correct solution for that part of the software. As part of typing this reply, and based on what Starlight has said I did a quick scan across files for use of the table, none found, is that correct? If so looks like it's already been deprecated.

Strange.

Cheers,
Iain

OpenCart 3.0.3.2

Post by ilclark » Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm
ilclark wrote:

This database table is on the road of deprecation for future OC releases on the Github Opencart repository. You'd have to try with other extensions on the Marketplace if your service cannot achieve this. Otherwise, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.
Why would this be done? Is there something new being added to handle the shipment / tracking of orders in a future release?

Cheers,
Iain

OpenCart 3.0.3.2

Post by straightlight » Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm

ilclark wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 am
straightlight wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm
ilclark wrote:

Why would this be done? Is there something new being added to handle the shipment / tracking of orders in a future release?
Yes, there is something new; these are called: extensions . They then can be downloaded / purchased from the Marketplace or from 3rd party websites. However, take note that the forum does not support paid licensing support with the exception of extension developers creating and announcing their official support topic on the forum to troubleshoot their extensions with their users.

As an alternative, the master branch, later on, could contain future ideas where worldwide developers can rely on with their stores. However, no support are being provided for these types of integrations with the exception of custom jobs which service requests can be created in the Commercial Support section of the forum for paid assistance.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON