Post by rmichel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:26 am

Hello everyone. I have several directory names for testing purposes under public_html where on ONE of those directories my Main Website sits on, and an example of how I have it right now is www.mywebsite/site , but now I want to point my website without the SITE name at the end so it could be just www.mywebsite.com .

In order for me to redirect my main website like the example above that I have explained, I know that I have to go into my Index.html and input just the correct path that I want, which I got that part. I also know that in the directory (Folder) where my site sits right now, I have to go into Config.php as well as the Config.php inside of the Admin directory, BUT I'm sure that I have to re-direct my site in the .htaccess inside of the directory where my site is right now, but don't know what Code to input there so it can point to just the root of Public_html, Can someone help?

I have attached a photo of just an example of how I have it in the Index.html and .htaccess file, I just need to know where in my .htaccess I have to point it to?

Can someone be kind to help me out?

Attachments

htaccess Print Screen.png

This is just a Print Screen, the file contains more context in reality. - htaccess Print Screen.png (123.3 KiB) Viewed 329 times

IndexHtml Example.png

IndexHtml Example.png (36.74 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Last edited by rmichel on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:29 pm

OC version

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:31 pm

rmichel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:26 am
In order for me to redirect my main website like the example above
If I were you I'd just take your site out of the /site folder and then adjust a few config settings.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rmichel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:31 pm
rmichel wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:26 am
In order for me to redirect my main website like the example above
If I were you I'd just take your site out of the /site folder and then adjust a few config settings.
Hello, Could you tell me what config adjustments I have to do in the Config settings if I take out my site folder out like you mention?