Post by timbits451 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:43 am

I am using Opencart 3.033. I sell mainly items that are one of a kind. If a customer tries to by the same item twice open will not allow it as there is only one in inventory. This is good. However, when a customer changes the options that go with the one of a kind item, opencart allows a second product with the same product code to be added to the cart. It seems that by selecting different options the customer can purchase the same product (with an inventory of 1) multiple times. This does not happen if I do not use the options feature. Somehow, by selecting different options the inventory number is ignored. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tim

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm

I think there's an option in the settings somewhere to prevent this, have a look.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by timbits451 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:54 am

I looked. Other platforms like BigCommerce have a setting where you can track the actual item or the option. Tracking the item means that once the "one of a kind of item" is added to the cart it is removed from the ability to add it again regardless of the option. I goes by the SKU number.

I have found in Opencart that when someone adds the "one of a kind" and an option, it goes into the cart just fine. If they try to add it again, it refused. But if they add it again with a different option the cart accepts it. So it essence they can buy my "one of a kind item" with different options multiple times.

I have looked and looked and have found nothing in the settings that would change this behavior. I may have to drop the options for the "one of the kind" items.

Thanks for any help or advice, It is appreciated.

Post by by mona » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 am

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member