Post by Redbraz » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Recently we have a somewhat strange problem, the site does not seem to be managing the sessions correctly and / or being able to save cookies, the server staff does not give us any more accurate information about this.
The store seems inefficient with the sessions, for example when leaving the home and going to the product page and putting 1 item in the cart and going back to the home, the cart is empty alternates this sometimes, and even cleaning the cart the item comes back , if I log in when I leave it doesn't come out, and other times I leave, but if I go back home it seems logged in,
I would like to know if there is any parameter or something that we must adjust with the server to correct this.
We don't know how to adjust correctly, because the server was wonderful and yesterday we had this problem.

Opencart: 3.0.3.2
We use the server SiteGround.
Last edited by Redbraz on Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

;)

Post by TriumphDesign » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Same problem here.

Veurst.nl
OC 3.0.3.6

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 am

Could be a browser caching issue.
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Redbraz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:45 am

I ended up reading the siteground blog and discovered the issue, so I was able to fix it here.
In case anyone needs the solution it is described in the Siteground Blog at the link below.

Apparently the supercache provided by them is a big problem for online stores.

https://www.siteground.com/blog/supercacher-for-all/
https://www.siteground.com/kb/disable-d ... g-website/

;)

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27 am

If you have solved the issue by adding the set header to htaccess, as suggested in the second link you posted. Be aware that this may stop web browsers caching static files such as images. This could adversely affect customer experience and increase server load.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom