Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 am

This is the solution for the post
CJC wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:55 am
Yes, that last modification worked. More completely, doing it this way removes the 2 dots as well:

Code: Select all

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length'),
And, yes, if I upload this anywhere I will put pprmkr as the author.

Thank You.
by mona wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 am
Maybe someone after me will check it, I can’t see anything off hand - except you should credit pprmkr as the author -

try changing the code to something like this - not tested - but I would have done it this way

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length') . '..',

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:32 am

Well - that's 51 times they can see it
Well done that was needed wasn't it
Why are you insisting over and over and over on displaying your mental problems

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:43 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:32 am
Well - that's 51 times they can see it
Well done that was needed wasn't it
Why are you insisting over and over and over on displaying your mental problems
Do you genuinely not understand that is personal abuse aka bullying ?
Since you ask, because this is not Facebook or Twitter, people are searching for answers to their questions.

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:43 am
you would be better off completely ignoring her, I shall do exactly that
by mona wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:09 am
FINALLY :yahoo:

and yet you don’t ...
mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:22 am
I am going to let you have the last word.
and yet you don’t ... should we try again -

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:44 am

CJC wrote:
Yes, that last modification worked. More completely, doing it this way removes the 2 dots as well:

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length'),

Thank You.
by mona wrote:
Maybe someone after me will check it, I can’t see anything off hand - except you should credit pprmkr as the author -

try changing the code to something like this - not tested - but I would have done it this way

'description' => html_entity_decode($product_info['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $this->config->get('theme_' . $this->config->get('config_theme') . '_product_description_length') . '..',

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:46 am

I don't mind entertaining people especially when its quiet.
You are providing much entertainment and you are so self centred and deranged you don't even know it.
So carry on as long as you feel necessary, every post you make cements and confirms everything I have said in this thread.

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:46 am
I don't mind entertaining people especially when its quiet.
Please use Facebook and / or Twitter if you are bored.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:09 am

So that's where you get your mentality - I see now

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:33 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:22 am
As you are such a moron I am going to let you have the last word.
:laugh: You are are unable to do it !

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 am

CJC wrote:

Thank You.
by mona wrote:

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:44 am

Yep
Really needed that for the 53rd time
Your stupidity and childishness is really not needed here

Location - Wales

Post by by mona » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:24 am

I believe the last word should be the answer to the post in the best interests of the forum and users generally, but you have your own agenda.

Abusive and/or bullying behaviour from anyone to anyone in any form on any platform is not acceptable.

You have spent most of the day simply arguing that abusive and bullying behaviour is acceptable and defiance is your goal. You have argued all sorts of things that just don’t stand up, contradicted yourself, made statements you can not stick to and when all else fails used insults, intimidation, rudeness, false statements etc. without the slightest consideration how you might make someone else feel.

What you originally wrote, just because I fixed some code which happened to be yours, is disgraceful and totally unprofessional. I mistakenly thought the incorrect code was written by someone else, so it is not as if you can claim that any of the abuse you are throwing at me is warranted. You then went one further pointing to a post where you were going against the principles of how Opencart works.

Having had this post highlighted to me, all I have asked and am asking again is for you to refrain from abusive, derogatory and bullying behaviour, specifically towards me and asked you not to address or insinuate anything to do with me in any way. This is a reasonable request and one that THREE TIMES you have agreed to, but are apparently unable to keep your word.

You said you would ignore me and I was delighted with that. The common ground is in your own words.
Now is the time for you to prove that your own words are not genuine.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:08 am

You are either on drugs, drunk, mentally ill
or all of the above - I just don't know why you would embarrass yourself in such a way.
As I said this is not my opinion but simply observable fact

Location - Wales

Post by CJC » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:13 am

At this risk of degrading this thread even further, I do have a new issue with this.
I installed the same fix onto another site. Unfortunately, it is not having the desired effect. The only thing different between the two sites is that the new site has OptimBlog installed. I looked through the modification logs and I see this entry:

FILE: admin/model/catalog/product.php
CODE: description = '" . $this->db->escape($value['description']) . "'
LINE: 12
LINE: 146
CODE: 'description' => $result['description'],

I'm not sure exactly what it is doing, but I'm wondering if it is interfering with the previous fix. Any thoughts?

Thank You.

CJC

Post by by mona » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:43 am

Quite possibly - you would be best to check with the OptimBlog extension developer first. Otherwise you risk messing the blog extension up.

Other than that, what does “not having the desired effect” mean?
Does the modification log show it is making the changes to 'your previous fix'?
Is it the same OC version?
Are you sure you cleared all your caches?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:45 am

Well, this is exactly what I told you about at first. Then someone comes and confuses and messes up the information.
The information is already there. Yes that Mod is probably interfering, it is very easy to fix

Location - Wales

Post by CJC » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 am

My apologies. The problem is not with the featured module. It is with the normal product box that appears when you display a category. It looks just like the featured module. So it would come from template->product->category.twig and this line: <p>{{ product.description }}</p>
. But I'm not sure where that item is getting define. Somewhere else I would assume is stripping the html as well.

CJC

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 am

Absolutely no apology required :-)
I am more than happy to make you an OCMod taking into account any OCMod that you have installed
If its possible to post a url or send it by pm if you don't want it public. Tell me where you want the change

Location - Wales

Post by CJC » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:25 am

Well, I’m not sure where the change needs to take place. I’m assuming there is some code similar to the featured module that is stripping the html from the description before it is displayed on the category page. Just not sure where that’s taking place.
mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 am
Absolutely no apology required :-)
I am more than happy to make you an OCMod taking into account any OCMod that you have installed
If its possible to post a url or send it by pm if you don't want it public. Tell me where you want the change

CJC

Post by mikeinterserv » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:32 am

Yes its the category twig - the issue is what is the mod you have installed doing with that twig - that's what I need to know
What is the mod you have installed that is effecting the description
With a url and knowing what the mod is it can be fixed in short time

Location - Wales

Post by CJC » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:38 am

The new mod (optimblog) is not likely doing anything. This is a problem with the default installation. Just like the original problem with the featured module was ‘by design’. The question is where is the description being modified before it gets rendered in that thumb display on the category page.
mikeinterserv wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:32 am
Yes its the category twig - the issue is what is the mod you have installed doing with that twig - that's what I need to know
What is the mod you have installed that is effecting the description

CJC