Post by nbosch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:22 pm

I have problems in OC 3.0.2 with categories selecting in the product link menu. Some do not show up.

Categories and subcategories are set, enabled, show up in list, with correct parent categories setting etc., show up in the shop. Categories rebuild button done.
I have only about 16 Categories and subcategories in total.

But a few of the categories do not show up in the parent link menu of products.
I tried to delete the missing category, and installed from new, but catogeries still not available in the selection menu.

Or are there conflicts, if you set a product in more than one category - or subcategory?

can you give advice?
Last edited by nbosch on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:56 pm

What extensions have you got installed?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 pm

@nbosch: Please be more specific in your problem description, specifying the exact steps to reproduce your error, if it is an error at all.

If you are talking about the admin's product edit page, on tab 'Links', you have to type in the beginning letters of the wanted category name in order for it to show in the dropdown list, for it then to be added to your product category. The dropdown list is limited, that's how the autocomplete functionality works.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 pm

URL.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nbosch » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:09 am

thanks for your replies.
I did search in former posts and found the solution:
in admin/controller/catalog/category.php:
at $filter_data = array(
set the limit on more than 5, like 20.

Since then, all categories show up

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:04 pm

nbosch wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:09 am
Since then, all categories show up
Great, please add [SOLVED] to the start of the post title.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by nag_05 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Hi, I am using 3.0.3.7 version, i am unable to add under Categories, Filters or Related Products of product page from admin. When i click, i can see the dropdown but when i select from dropdown, its not adding. Please help me to resolve the issue. No errors also appearing.
Highly appreciated of your prompt response plz.

Post by Damon22 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi, I am using 3.0.3.8 version, i am unable to add under Categories, from admin. When I click, I can see the dropdown but when I select from dropdown, its not adding. Please help me to resolve the issue. No errors also appearing.
Highly appreciated of your prompt response plz. I see another person posted a similar request and it is written "Solved", but I cannot find the solution on that query.