Post by vmehra » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:32 am

Version: 3.0.3.1
Theme: TechOne
URL: dmkeng.com/dmkeng
We recently upgraded to v 3.0.3.1, and all the product images are gone. I've tried editing PHP files as someone suggested in this forum. By the way, all the product images are still in the product folder. I've been trying for almost 2 weeks. But I couldn't be able to do anything. I would really appreciate it if someone can suggest solving the problem. Only show no_image.jpg for every product.
Thanks.
Last edited by vmehra on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:21 am

Post by planorich » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:50 am

I have the same problem. I have installed XAAMP on a Windows 10 computer and did a clean install of Opencart 3.0.3.6. The install is successful and the demo shop comes up and the admin comes up. However, none of the product images appear in the shop or admin. The demo images are in the demo folder, however, Opencart is looking for files with the sizing appended to the name. None of those files are in the cache. I think that the install process is supposed to create those files with the sizing but that did not happen in the install. Also, I can't add images to products. I have looked at the config files and I cannot see any problems. Opencart is looking in the correct directory for the image files, they just are not there.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 am

Post by vmehra » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:39 am

This displays when I upload new product image.
Image
This is the product images location
Image

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:21 am

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:17 am

I seem to recall that the file path changed somewhere along the way (maybe 2.x to 3.x) and the update script does not account for it. Unfortunately, I think you or a developer need to execute a sql command to update the URL properly. Make sure you backup your database before attempting this.

Image
50% Off SSD Shared Hosting w/ cPanel
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by vmehra » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:17 am
I seem to recall that the file path changed somewhere along the way (maybe 2.x to 3.x) and the update script does not account for it. Unfortunately, I think you or a developer need to execute a sql command to update the URL properly. Make sure you backup your database before attempting this.
Thanks. I can do that. By any chance do you have any clue where can I find the lists of things that changed in OC3?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:21 am

Post by iancolley » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:04 am

I have the same issue. All of the product images are gone after I upgraded to v 3.0.3.1. I tried all possible solutions but nothing seems to work.

geometry dash


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:03 am

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 pm

vmehra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:32 am
I've been trying for almost 2 weeks. But I couldn't be able to do anything.
Probably after 1 week it's time to get paid support so you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 pm
vmehra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:32 am
I've been trying for almost 2 weeks ..
Probably after 1 week ..
So let us make a short calculation:
1 week (working days) = 5 days
1 day = 8 hours (we assume that we do not work longer)

Makes a total of 40 hours.
Assume we charge ourself for 35,- Euro (and this IS very cheap!), makes a total of: 1.400,- Euro (Net)

Now let us compare that with some professional work (done by an OpenCart Pro).
Maybe he will charge 70,- Euro (net) per hour
Assume that he need not longer than 2 hours.
Makes a total of: 140,- Euro (Net).

That are 10% of that, what you have wasted in time and did not find a solution.
Or your own time is nothing worth, or you have to much of it, or what ever else ...

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by vmehra » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:21 am

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:42 pm
vmehra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:32 am
I've been trying for almost 2 weeks ..
Probably after 1 week ..
So let us make a short calculation:
1 week (working days) = 5 days
1 day = 8 hours (we assume that we do not work longer)

Makes a total of 40 hours.
Assume we charge ourself for 35,- Euro (and this IS very cheap!), makes a total of: 1.400,- Euro (Net)

Now let us compare that with some professional work (done by an OpenCart Pro).
Maybe he will charge 70,- Euro (net) per hour
Assume that he need not longer than 2 hours.
Makes a total of: 140,- Euro (Net).

That are 10% of that, what you have wasted in time and did not find a solution.
Or your own time is nothing worth, or you have to much of it, or what ever else ...
First of all good job on insulting someone without knowing what's going on. 2 weeks doesn't mean working 8 hours straight a day for 5 days for this thing. I work on this website like 1 hour or 30 mins a day when I am back in home. I'm not a web developer in the first place. And I am not going to hire you guys for sure. I would rather pay someone else.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:21 am

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:01 am

vmehra wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 am
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:17 am
I seem to recall that the file path changed somewhere along the way (maybe 2.x to 3.x) and the update script does not account for it. Unfortunately, I think you or a developer need to execute a sql command to update the URL properly. Make sure you backup your database before attempting this.
Thanks. I can do that. By any chance do you have any clue where can I find the lists of things that changed in OC3?
It's not easy to find a reliable changelog. I would suggest uploading a brand new copy of Opencart (on a subdomain or extra domain) and run the install so that you get the proper format of the config files. Then you can take that format and apply it to your config.php files that you're working with for your upgrade version. There are database changes too which are a bit harder to trace and apply proper updates for. Unfortunately the upgrade scripts are incomplete but with time and patience it can be figured out.

Image
50% Off SSD Shared Hosting w/ cPanel
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by OSWorX » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:28 am

vmehra wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:21 am
First of all good job on insulting someone without knowing what's going on.
Yeah .. I would also say so ;)
And about that "not knowing what's going on": you're not alone here ..
vmehra wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:21 am
2 weeks doesn't mean working 8 hours straight a day for 5 days for this thing. I work on this website like 1 hour or 30 mins a day when I am back in home. I'm not a web developer in the first place. And I am not going to hire you guys for sure. I would rather pay someone else.
Okay, 1 week x 90 minutes = (5x90) 450 Minutes > nearly 1 working day.

Let's see it from the other side: how much could you sell if you are not "working" - sorry meant tinkering - around?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:42 pm

vmehra wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:21 am
First of all good job on insulting someone without knowing what's going on. 2 weeks doesn't mean working 8 hours straight a day for 5 days for this thing. I work on this website like 1 hour or 30 mins a day when I am back in home. I'm not a web developer in the first place. And I am not going to hire you guys for sure. I would rather pay someone else.
We're not insulting you, we're advising you on the best course of action to efficiently get this solved.

You say yourself you're not a web developer, so it's probably not worth wasting your time on it.

Some issues can be solved over the forum but others require a developer to actually take a look.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:49 pm

iancolley wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:04 am
I have the same issue. All of the product images are gone after I upgraded to v 3.0.3.1. I tried all possible solutions but nothing seems to work.
You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact an Opencart Partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site, or contact me directly via PM to get this solved as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by planorich » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 am

I just installed the current version of Opencart (3.0.3.6) on Windows 10 using XAMPP. Everything went smoothly except the product images do not appear in the store or admin. I have checked my paths in config.php and they are correct. The banners and manufacturer images are working fine. Just the product images are not being created in the cache. I am not sure if the install process creates the images with the size suffix or if they are created the first time a page requests the image. Either way, they are not in the cache. Please help.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 am

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:00 am

planorich wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 am
I just installed the current version of Opencart (3.0.3.6) on Windows 10 using XAMPP. Everything went smoothly except the product images do not appear in the store or admin. I have checked my paths in config.php and they are correct. The banners and manufacturer images are working fine. Just the product images are not being created in the cache. I am not sure if the install process creates the images with the size suffix or if they are created the first time a page requests the image. Either way, they are not in the cache. Please help.
You need to move the storage folder outside of the htdocs folder before re-configuring both config files: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782 (first post).

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by planorich » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:22 am

Thanks for the quick response. I moved the storage directory and updated the config files. Then I restarted apache and tried opencart. Still no product images. On the demo home page I am getting a "failed to load resource" error with a status of 404 (not found) on all product related images on the page. The images with 200x200 size suffix are not in the cache.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:57 am

Post by sw!tch » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Maybe try some of the troubleshooting in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=202&t=221363

You have GD installed?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location - USA

Post by pprmkr » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm

- When GD not installed, OC fails to install.
- When paths are correct in config and images are present but no thumbs / resized images are created in cache, please check PHP version.
- When on PHP 8.0, GD uses class object instead of resource ( https://php.watch/versions/8.0/gdimage )
Edit system/library/image.php and on line 119 change:

Code: Select all

if (is_resource($this->image)) {
into:

Code: Select all

if (is_resource($this->image) || is_object($this->image)) {

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:05 pm
Location - Netherlands

Post by sw!tch » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:46 pm

pprmkr wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm
- When on PHP 8.0, GD uses class object instead of resource ( https://php.watch/versions/8.0/gdimage )
Since when is PHP 8.0 a recommend PHP version for Opencart 3.0.3.6? I suspect you will run into many other hidden issues aside for this under PHP 8. If it is related better stick with PHP 7.3.9 - 7.4 until full support is clarified.
-

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Location - USA

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:45 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:46 pm
pprmkr wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm
- When on PHP 8.0, GD uses class object instead of resource ( https://php.watch/versions/8.0/gdimage )
Since when is PHP 8.0 a recommend PHP version for Opencart 3.0.3.6? I suspect you will run into many other hidden issues aside for this under PHP 8. If it is related better stick with PHP 7.3.9 - 7.4 until full support is clarified.
-
Good point. I'd be willing to bet PHP 8 is not supported yet. Changing the PHP version to anything different is not going to solve the issue. It's the config.php files that have the wrong path specified.

Image
50% Off SSD Shared Hosting w/ cPanel
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests