Post by nehaltbb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:20 pm

I am facing an issue with the tax system in opencart. I have added only one GST rate for all reasons. My issue is, on my website the GST tax is adding extra cost on the price I have given for any product, I want the GST tax should divided from the total price of the product in sub-total and tax and then the Total price of the product is the original price. But in my case, the Total price is the original price + GST.

Price Details should look like this

Sub-Total- 738
GST 18%- 162
Total - 900

But it is like this

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Not a bug, you are defining the prices wrong.
Simply set as price per product the NET value, not the GROSS.
And choose from the already defined taxclasses at each product the correct taxclass.

If you do not need that (or want), define your product prices as GROSS price, select no taxclass (or 0) and disable the checkout module tax.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by nehaltbb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Then, I have to calculate the price of each product by dividing taxes and then use them in the price of the product. Isn't there any way opencart do this automatically? Like this
check out this image. Here the unit price and the total price after adding tax is same. (I found this on a tax-related opencart blog link)
but on my website tax is adding in unit price to calculate final the total price.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:19 pm

As OSWorx said, OpenCart stores product prices exclusive of taxes. However, there are extensions available that allows you to quickly enter gross prices to the products in the admin backend, and the system then automatically stores them with the tax deducted from the entered prices. See e.g. https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=1561

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 pm

nehaltbb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Then, I have to calculate the price of each product .. (and so on ..)
I am currently not sure why you are posting here!
Advertising the website you have linked to - or what?

As written before AND as stated on that linked website: if you have Tax(es), you HAVE to define your product with the NET price (gross ex. tax).
Fact.
And as JNeuhoff has wrote, yo ucould use one of the extension to add the gross price and calculate from that the NET price.
But beware: stored is always the net price.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by nehaltbb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:25 pm

I am posting here because this is opencart forum and I have a question related to it. I am not here for advertising, if you think I am advertising you can delete my post. The website linked is not my website. I found this blog from a google search while looking for the same problem solution I am asking here.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:34 pm

nehaltbb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:25 pm
I am posting here because this is opencart forum and I have a question related to it. I am not here for advertising, if you think I am advertising you can delete my post. The website linked is not my website. I found this blog from a google search while looking for the same problem solution I am asking here.
You had in your post 2 images (2nd did not display) and as far as I could see it was not related to your question!
And you have already all answers which should lead you to the correct settings.

Guru Member

Location - Austria