Post by KaleidoBV » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello everybody !

Is there a setting in Opencart to use SKU instead of Product_ID ?

Best regards
Adrian

Post by kestas » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:59 pm

No

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by Wid » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm

no i dont think so, You have to modify some php files

take a visit to My Modules !

Wid

Location - Athens/Greece

Post by letxobnav » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Is there a setting in Opencart to use SKU instead of Product_ID ?
Use for what exactly?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by KaleidoBV » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 pm

We are used with X-Cart ways, where, when importing bulk products, SKU is the main criteria. When importing, no product_id field is completed and SKU it's used to identify the product. SO, when I get a feed from a supplier with 21.000 products, I am not worried. If the SKU it's the same, product it's updated.
Here, I must verify if the product doesn't exist already in the database, get it's product_id, insert it in the feed, sort the products, assign product_id to the new ones....and so.
That is the main reason for asking.

Cheers
Adrian

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:35 am

KaleidoBV wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 pm
We are used with X-Cart ways, where, when importing bulk products, SKU is the main criteria. When importing, no product_id field is completed and SKU it's used to identify the product. SO, when I get a feed from a supplier with 21.000 products, I am not worried. If the SKU it's the same, product it's updated.
Here, I must verify if the product doesn't exist already in the database, get it's product_id, insert it in the feed, sort the products, assign product_id to the new ones....and so.
That is the main reason for asking.

Cheers
Adrian
I think what's needed is a custom import tool using your supplier's datafeed format, where you can then easily use the SKU for identifying products. If you send us a PM I am happy to work out a quote for you, shouldn't be too hard to implement, have done something similar for many datafeeds in the past.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:15 pm

if your product_id and sku are one-to-one, there is no difference in logic, just getting the product_id for the sku.
if your skus are product + mandatory options (product variants basically) related, i.e. multiple skus per product id, then it becomes interesting.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan