Post by OpenCode » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:12 am

we are looking for a way to update the product data for every product that has the same SKU,
every time some made a purchase in the site, we would like to the product data Quantity be also update to all the products having the same SKU, so far we are doing manually but it will be easier to update all products at once if the SKU number is the same.

since the product data is a tie to a product_id we are wondering if this can be possible... ???

and vice versa if we edit a product and this product has the same SKU number to update all products that have the same SKU number.

this functionality may need some really hardcore coding or it may be a walk in the park for the Nerds in the forum.

this function may be very handy for everybody (it should be added to the OC core maybe?)...

anyways tell me what you guys think and if anyone can suggest how to do this everybody in the forum will be appreciated...
I will be the first ;)

OC V 3.0.2.0
Last edited by OpenCode on Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:13 am

You can do this in 1 minute in PHPMyAdmin.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OpenCode » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 am

@ thekrotek.

Thank you for your response.
but we don't want to go to the DB every time to run a query to update the products that's why we are looking for a way to this automatically...

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:20 am

OpenCode wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 am
but we don't want to go to the DB every time to run a query to update the products that's why we are looking for a way to this automatically...
You can always request a commercial support.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member