Post by chodathedread » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:48 am

I need to be able to load attributes to product when category is selected ... i have 3 modules and all work well with regular admin product creation but i have installed on my site
purpletree multivendor store
and vendor module

and i need to make it work for that 2 extensions to .... so I would need to know can i do it with code because i need to code it to these to modules to work

can anybody help me I am new to opencart but i have some coding experinace ....

Post by netruxa » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:44 pm

category selected where? in admin panel or in front page?
make screenshot, what are you want)

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm

The PurpleTree multi-vendor extension is a commercial extension, so you should get in touch with PurpleTree on adding support for other extensions. Forum users here can usually help others on standard OpenCart issues, but you can't expect them all to have expensive commercial extensions installed like yours.

BTW.: Last time (about a year ago) I looked at PurpleTree's software it was like a spaghetti code, I hope they have sorted it out by now!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by chodathedread » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:40 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm
The PurpleTree multi-vendor extension is a commercial extension, so you should get in touch with PurpleTree on adding support for other extensions. Forum users here can usually help others on standard OpenCart issues, but you can't expect them all to have expensive commercial extensions installed like yours.

BTW.: Last time (about a year ago) I looked at PurpleTree's software it was like a spaghetti code, I hope they have sorted it out by now!
yes I know but code is not so diferent then the native code they just added extra class on some spots but all work the same I contacted them, i contacted devaloper of module to but no luck ... big problem is that I am new to opencart and i have trouble understanding code (it work on standard admin but not on other extensions) this is big problem because simple tasks in Opencart need to be payed and this is not good for new user ...at this time I regreat that I didnt go with joomla or wordpress because they have community that help developers and hire i have filling that you cant ask for help if you dont have 100$ in your pocket (that is ok i know that time need to get paid but community need to grow to ...)

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm

chodathedread wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:48 am
I need to be able to load attributes to product when category is selected ... i have 3 modules and all work well with regular admin product creation but i have installed on my site
and vendor module

and i need to make it work for that 2 extensions to .... so I would need to know can i do it with code because i need to code it to these to modules to work

It's very unclear what you're actually trying to do ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by chodathedread » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm
chodathedread wrote:
and vendor module

i have site with 3 modules in play
https://www.purpletreesoftware.com/mult ... ncart.html (multivendor store)

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22824 (multivendor without store)

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19389 (bulk add attributes when i chose category in product) (your extension)

Thing is 3d module work with admin and it work good but i need it to make it work with first and second module to

I mean when i create product like admin and chose product category 3d module bulk add all attributes asignet to it

but when i do that using multivendor store(module 1) or multivendor(module 2) it dont bulk add attributes when i chose category (and i need that to work)

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:15 pm

First of all, you should find out whether the 2nd extension officially supports the 1st one (PurpleTreeSoftware multi-vendor extension).

In any case, unfortunately the PurpleTreeSoftware extension uses its own product edit page, replicated twice from what I remember. So your best bet would be to ask PurpleTree Software to adjust your 3rd extension to make work in the PurpleTree admin extensions. Or, if you are a developer, you could replicate the modifications done by your 3rd extension, to make it work the PurpleTree Software extension.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by purpletreesoft » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thanks for your constant concern about our extension. Being a huge module, there could always be some parts that need improvement, but we believe in making improvements and we strive to do that. Our extension features and code still remains much better than most other multivendor modules. Thanks again!

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:18 pm

purpletreesoft wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Thanks for your constant concern about our extension. Being a huge module, there could always be some parts that need improvement, but we believe in making improvements and we strive to do that. Our extension features and code still remains much better than most other multivendor modules. Thanks again!
So has your code now finally been sorted out? Even something as simple as running it through a PHP beautifier/formatter can make it much easier to work with!

Guru Member

Post by letxobnav » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 pm

Our extension features and code still remains much better than most other multivendor modules.
aah, don't defend yourself like that, looks kind of sad, have some pride and let your extension and reviews speak for themselves.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 am

this is big problem because simple tasks in Opencart need to be payed and this is not good for new user ... joomla or wordpress have community that help developers ... i have feeling that you cant ask for help if you dont have 100$ in your pocket ... but community need to grow too
Well, you obviously expect a Community, to support 'new' OC Users for free. But OpenCart is NOT a poor Man's Community Project, but a Commercial Enterprise, and it's only Purpose is, to create Income, for most everybody involved. And WHY should anybody assist others for free, to then eventually be confronted with new Competitors, :crazy: :laugh: it would be contrary to every Logic, strictly from the Business Point of View.

One should better be greatful, to frequently receive some free Support, but one should NOT expect it, without at least giving something back. But many of those, who come to OC, expecting, to finally have found FREE Heaven, in order to survive financially, won't make it anyway, if they have no knowledge about handling Code. One better needs to be aware of this, before investing lots of time in something like OpenCart, or then, settle with what OC offers by Default, for free.

The so-called OC Community is quite HUGE, but the vast Majority of them does not come here, to support others, they only come here, to get free Knowledge and Code. So, better take it, as it comes, but don't complain, because it's simply of no use ... :D

Nothing personal, no offense, just an attempt, to get you down to real (Business) Earth again. ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by purpletreesoft » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:27 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:12 pm
aah, don't defend yourself like that, looks kind of sad, have some pride and let your extension and reviews speak for themselves.
Well, we are not defending anybody here. You can analyze our reviews and sales numbers (vs. others) yourself. We take pride in the fact that we have made a good product. That being said, we are always open to suggestions and we keep on making improvements all the time.

Purpletree Software LLP

Post by purpletreesoft » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:18 pm
So has your code now finally been sorted out? Even something as simple as running it through a PHP beautifier/formatter can make it much easier to work with!
Noted. Thanks for your suggestions!

Purpletree Software LLP

Post by purpletreesoft » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:33 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 am
Well, you obviously expect a Community, to support 'new' OC Users for free. But OpenCart is NOT a poor Man's Community Project, but a Commercial Enterprise, and it's only Purpose is, to create Income, for most everybody involved. And WHY should anybody assist others for free, to then eventually be confronted with new Competitors, :crazy: :laugh: it would be contrary to every Logic, strictly from the Business Point of View.

One should better be greatful, to frequently receive some free Support, but one should NOT expect it, without at least giving something back. But many of those, who come to OC, expecting, to finally have found FREE Heaven, in order to survive financially, won't make it anyway, if they have no knowledge about handling Code. One better needs to be aware of this, before investing lots of time in something like OpenCart, or then, settle with what OC offers by Default, for free.

The so-called OC Community is quite HUGE, but the vast Majority of them does not come here, to support others, they only come here, to get free Knowledge and Code. So, better take it, as it comes, but don't complain, because it's simply of no use ... :D

Nothing personal, no offense, just an attempt, to get you down to real (Business) Earth again. ;)
Ernie
Ernie, I kind of always like how you show the real picture to newbies. They see it as a FREE option, and do not realise that customizations do not come for free. If you are doing a commercial venture, you should spend some money.

Purpletree Software LLP

Post by delikirpi » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:26 am

chodathedread wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm
chodathedread wrote:
and vendor module

i have site with 3 modules in play
https://www.purpletreesoftware.com/mult ... ncart.html (multivendor store)

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22824 (multivendor without store)

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19389 (bulk add attributes when i chose category in product) (your extension)

Thing is 3d module work with admin and it work good but i need it to make it work with first and second module to

I mean when i create product like admin and chose product category 3d module bulk add all attributes asignet to it

but when i do that using multivendor store(module 1) or multivendor(module 2) it dont bulk add attributes when i chose category (and i need that to work)
Did you adapt the extensions to Purpletree Multivendor? If you haven't done it yet, I'd love to help you. I need the same procedures. dekirpi at icqmail com