Post by nightwing » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:19 am

Team - In Opencart 3.0.3.3, Default Theme, I would like to pull the Customer First Name and Last Name form their account and automatically place this in the billing Firstname and Last Name section.
I would love some insights on how to get this done.
Thank you!

Edit - This should not happen for the delivery address

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:24 pm

nightwing wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:19 am
Team - In Opencart 3.0.3.3, Default Theme, I would like to pull the Customer First Name and Last Name form their account and automatically place this in the billing Firstname and Last Name section.
Thank you!

Against GDPR and PCI. Especially with the PSD2 law, nowadays, I wouldn't take that chance. All customers are entitled to put separate names from their accounts aside from the checkout page as long as the payment service providers approves the payments. Same regulations applies for guest users since it is not an enforced policy for customers to have an account to purchase the goods normally.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightwing » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Hey straightlight, I definitely understand, I am using opencart for a different project which is not "shopping". I will definitely share the finished project. Opencart has opened so many possibilities, it has a strong back end and front end that is easy to modify for almost any project.
In this project, I definitely would like to pass the names as after the customer registers they are not allowed to change their information as we will validate their identity so it makes sense not to have them retype when completing their request.
straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:24 pm
nightwing wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:19 am
Thank you!

Against GDPR and PCI. Especially with the PSD2 law, nowadays, I wouldn't take that chance. All customers are entitled to put separate names from their accounts aside from the checkout page as long as the payment service providers approves the payments. Same regulations applies for guest users since it is not an enforced policy for customers to have an account to purchase the goods normally.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:56 pm

In this project, I definitely would like to pass the names as after the customer registers they are not allowed to change their information as we will validate their identity so it makes sense not to have them retype when completing their request.
Still against GDPR, especially. All users are entitled by law to request their names to be changed as even their profile being entirely removed based on what they have specifically indicated during their transactions even though other projects would be involved with Opencart.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightwing » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:59 pm

Thank you for clarifying Straightlight!
straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:56 pm
Still against GDPR, especially. All users are entitled by law to request their names to be changed as even their profile being entirely removed based on what they have specifically indicated during their transactions even though other projects would be involved with Opencart.

Regards,
Nightwing

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:00 pm

Discussed the issue with the OP user. Explained the situation regarding those strategies and have been understood. Therefore, this topic will now be locked.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON