Post by BinkFour » Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 am

Hi,

Opencart version: 3.0.2.0
VQmod version: 2.6.4 opencart
PHP version: 7.3.12
Renamed admin folder and adjusted for this in VQmod.

I am hitting a brick wall on this one. :bash:

On every page, both shop and admin section, I keep getting the following error on the top of the page.

Code: Select all

Warning: "continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in D:\appdata\IIS\vhosts\hostname\domain\vqmod\vqmod.php on line 684"
I did the following
- Removed cache VQmod cache files
- Removed mods.cache and checked.cache
- Found and replaced all other continue statements with breaks
- Suspended the domain and restarted it.
- Reverted to earlier PHP versions.
- Changes the error reporting level for PHP.

Is there any tips out there that might resolve this warning?

Sources:
- https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/issues/147
- viewtopic.php?t=211822
- viewtopic.php?t=214982
- viewtopic.php?t=45894

Post by straightlight » Tue May 19, 2020 5:48 am

To avoid all the headaches, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact a reliable Opencart partner from the Resources link on the top of the site, or contact me directly to get this issue fixed as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by pprmkr » Tue May 19, 2020 3:40 pm

https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases
Changed continue 2; to break 2 to satisfy php 7.3 warning

Location - Netherlands

Post by BinkFour » Tue May 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Paid support is an option but since the platform open source this is a last resort.

The vqmod update was referenced in the post and installed.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm

I am hitting a brick wall on this one.
Don't! You could use the Integrated VQmod instead of Qphoria's VQmod. We used to have a similar issue but have fixed it a while ago in our version. The issue was caused by recent PHP versions which started to apply stricter checks for the way break and continue are used in PHP.
Last edited by JNeuhoff on Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by BinkFour » Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Okay thanks I wil check thuis out.

Post by BinkFour » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 am

The cause of the problem was that the adjustment in the host file was not working. So in the end I was looking at the wrong website :-[

Post by Khal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Don't! You could use the Integrated VQmod instead of Qphoria's VQmod. We used to have a similar issue but have fixed it a while ago in our version. The issue was caused by recent PHP versions which started to apply stricter checks for the way break and continue are used in PHP.
I have started to see this error

"continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /home/khaleeji/public_html/system/modification/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 308
when I updated to the new php version. I have installed the Integrated Vqmod module and I am still getting the error after refreshing the caches but I am also getting errors for my modifications now.

Undefined index: edit in /home/*/public_html/system/modification/admin/view/template/extension/modification.tpl on line 100
Undefined index: download in /home/*/public_html/system/modification/admin/view/template/extension/modification.tpl on line 101

I have asked the developers of the modules that I recently installed on my site, but they don't know what's causing it either. Any suggestions please?

OC 2.0.1.1

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 pm

Khal wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm
I have started to see this error

"continue 2" targeting switch is equivalent to "break 2". Did you mean to use "continue 3"? in /home/khaleeji/public_html/system/modification/admin/controller/extension/modification.php on line 308
when I updated to the new php version. I have installed the Integrated Vqmod module and I am still getting the error after refreshing the caches but I am also getting errors for my modifications now.

Undefined index: edit in /home/*/public_html/system/modification/admin/view/template/extension/modification.tpl on line 100
Undefined index: download in /home/*/public_html/system/modification/admin/view/template/extension/modification.tpl on line 101

I have asked the developers of the modules that I recently installed on my site, but they don't know what's causing it either. Any suggestions please?

OC 2.0.1.1
I see, you are using quite an old version of OpenCart. I'll update our Integrated VQMod for older OC 2.0.x versions to work with newer PHP 7.4 versions sometime today. I already did it for newer OpenCart 2.3.0.x and 3.0.x versions some months ago.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Khal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 pm

Great, thank you. I am using php 7.3 because my hosting advised not to switch to the latest version just yet.

When I added Integrated vqmod on my site, one of my extensions (SEO Pro) stopped working correctly and I started to get those extra errors in my log. Will all of my extensions have to be re-installed if I switch to Integrated vqmod?

I had to restore my site to an earlier backup to remove Integrated vqmod. If I do need to remove Integrated vqmod if it causes errors, how can I do this without restoring my site from a backup?

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 pm

The Integrated VQMod only changes 3 files, whose originals are renamed to *.original, so this will make it easy to remove the changed files and rename the *.original to their normal file names, in case you want to remove the Integrated VQmod.

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 pm

OK, I have now upgraded the Integrated VQmod for OpenCart 2.0.x, 2.1.x and 2.2.x releases, to make it work for newer PHP versions (e.g. 7.3 or 7.4).

Guru Member

Post by Khal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:10 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:56 pm
OK, I have now upgraded the Integrated VQmod for OpenCart 2.0.x, 2.1.x and 2.2.x releases, to make it work for newer PHP versions (e.g. 7.3 or 7.4).
Thank you for doing that so quickly.

Will adding this extension cause issues with my existing vqmod extensions?
JNeuhoff wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 pm
The Integrated VQMod only changes 3 files, whose originals are renamed to *.original, so this will make it easy to remove the changed files and rename the *.original to their normal file names, in case you want to remove the Integrated VQmod.
Are these original files automatically renamed by this extension, or do I need to back them up? Do I just disable to extension in the Modifications List to remove it?

Sorry for the questions, but I don't want to make things any worse on my site.

Thank you

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Before installing the Integrated VQmod, restore the index.php files, then remove Qphoria's VQmod , except for the 'vqmod/xml' folder. The Integrated VQmod uses the same cache as OCmod, e.g. system/storage/modification.

Guru Member

Post by Khal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Sorry, what do you mean by "restore the index.php files"? My site has been restored to a pervious version from before I installed the old version of the Integrated Vqmod. Is this what you mean?

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:40 pm

I was just referring to the original OpenCart index.php and admin/index.php. Qphoria's modifies them, our Integrated VQmod doesn't and expects them to be the original ones from OpenCart.

Guru Member

Post by Khal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 am

Ok I understand. Will the exisitng vqmod extensions I have on my site need to be re-installed once this Integrated vqmod extension is installed?

Location - Teesside, UK

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:47 am

All you have to make sure is to keep your 'vqmod/xml' folder with its XML files.
And in the admin backend, do a Extensions > Modifications > Refresh

Guru Member

Post by Khal » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:56 am

Done. It all seems to be working fine and the error message has gone, fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for your patience and help. I really appreciate it .

Location - Teesside, UK