Post by masterdz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:30 am

Hello guys
Everything was ok on my website with adding or editing products, but today I noticed that when I edit a product and click save, it gives me Page Note Found and it doesn't save the edit,
I contacted The hoster, he sent me this photo
Please help me
Last edited by masterdz on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sw!tch » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:37 am

Mod-Security rule is being trigged. You can request to disable the rule if it's a false positive. Some default OWASP rulesets are overly aggressive..

Since you mention this happening recently, I would also ask them if they recently changed rulesets.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by masterdz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Thnx a lot sir, I will ask the hoster and get back to you for any news
Best regards

Post by masterdz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:03 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:37 am
Mod-Security rule is being trigged. You can request to disable the rule if it's a false positive. Some default OWASP rulesets are overly aggressive..

Since you mention this happening recently, I would also ask them if they recently changed rulesets.
Hello
Unfortunately the hoster tried to edit the rules as you told me but problem still the same,
P.S: when I edit old products that came with the theme I bought it saves without problem, settings also when I edit them it saves with no problem, but my products that I recently entered when I try to edit them I get same error also when I try to enter new product same problem :(

Post by sw!tch » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Interesting, well the image you posted above is definitely from mod-security's interface in cPanels WHM. It's throwing a 403. If you still have the problems with that rule disabled it might be hitting on another rule. Otherwise sounds like a theme issue, you may want to reach out to the theme developer.

Check the server error logs, should be a clear indication of the error.

Post by masterdz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Problem solved by changing permission in index.php file in main directory to 755 and it worked
Thnx a lot for helping me

Post by sw!tch » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 pm

masterdz wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Problem solved by changing permission in index.php file in main directory to 755 and it worked
Thnx a lot for helping me
Highly doubt this was the issue, it probably just took some time for Mod-Sec to clear the rule on your end. Typically files should be 644 and folders inside public_html no higher than 755.

In anycase - You may want to verify with your host the correct file/folder permissions per your server configuration.