Post by JohnTehan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:34 am

I'm still brand new to using Opencart, and I have a question about how the affiliate system works. When an affiliate generates a tracking code for a product, they will then create a link from their web site to that product using the tracking code. When a customer clicks that link, they will land at my web site on that product page, correct?

Question is: does the affiliate get credit for any purchase that customer makes, or do they only get credit for purchases of that specific product? Just trying to set expectations for my affiliates - thanks!

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:54 am

Hi again ..

Ok - so please post your OC version when posting - all 4 digits and you will find it at the bottom of your admin - it makes no difference to this question really because I am just going to give you a couple of links so you can read up - If you go into your orders look top right - but no not product specific

viewtopic.php?t=135476
viewtopic.php?t=200289
https://isenselabs.com/posts/affiliates-opencart-3x

Happy Days ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:34 pm

JohnTehan wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:34 am
I'm still brand new to using Opencart, and I have a question about how the affiliate system works. When an affiliate generates a tracking code for a product, they will then create a link from their web site to that product using the tracking code. When a customer clicks that link, they will land at my web site on that product page, correct?

Question is: does the affiliate get credit for any purchase that customer makes, or do they only get credit for purchases of that specific product? Just trying to set expectations for my affiliates - thanks!
You can link to anywhere on your site, as long as the tracking code is in the URL I believe any purchase is attributed to that affiliate.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by JohnTehan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:53 am

Perfect, thanks so much! I love this software, my compliments to the developers.