Post by MdHackerGuy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Added a small image, still got the error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16128 bytes)

This was yesterday. I thought memory is RAM and stuff in memory should drop out after a while? received this error yesterday. Whenever I try to upload a small pic it get this error. I get this error before I eve choose the file to upload. So even if I wanted to upload a file 1 byte in size, I can never get that far to even choose it. Once I click the edit button the error occurs before bring up the file window to choose your file.

already change my ini files in root store directly and admin. no dice

So my memory I guess has been full for a day. How can I just clear this memory so I can use it again???

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:24 pm

php allocates memory per script up to a maximum set in your ini config, you can make allocated memory eligible for release during a script by explicitly unsetting variables otherwise the memory is cleared after the script ends. So if your script already allocates a lot of memory for other things and/or your maximum is set low then you run into these issues.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by MdHackerGuy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:24 pm
php allocates memory per script up to a maximum set in your ini config, you can make allocated memory eligible for release during a script by explicitly unsetting variables otherwise the memory is cleared after the script ends. So if your script already allocates a lot of memory for other things and/or your maximum is set low then you run into these issues.
you're speaking to me as if I'm a coder, I don't write any scripts. I'm simply using this opencart software.
I figured all the stuff you are talking about is built into it.
In plain english, how can I clear this memory?
Why doesn't the memory clear/reset after some time?

apparently some script is still running or something after I tried to upload a small image, I dunno. How to I guess top all opencart scripts from running, then start again? or simply anyway to clear the memory that it says I've exhausted. thanks

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Not related to OpenCart, use Google to find out the solution.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by MdHackerGuy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 pm
Not related to OpenCart, use Google to find out the solution.
how is it not related to opencart when I only received the error during the process of uploading a file?
It's indirectly related to opencart at the bare minimum. Apparently it may be related to a bad script in opencart, according to the user above, because I sure don't write scripts. I have other scripts on my site that I've used for over a year and upload pics to and never had this problem.

If you don't want to help that's fine but please don't discourage others who my want to post here and help
my goal is to clear the memory and continue to upload images to cart, maybe there are some people other than you who don't mind helping somebody not occur this type an error again

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Apparently it may be related to a bad script in opencart, according to the user above
I did not say it may be related to a bad script, I said that scripts use memory and when it exceeds the maximum set in your php ini configuration it produces an error. Some scripts use a lot of memory and some use little depending on what the script is doing, bad script or good script, either way.

That maximum is set for a reason so that badly written scripts do not claim enormous amounts of memory and crash your system.
But if you set it too low, any script could run out of memory.
That is not related to opencart but a characteristic of PHP as a script interpreter.

You may not be a coder and you do not have to be but someone must have installed and configured your system for you (webserver, php, database) and that person should know what they are doing.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:59 pm

how is it not related to opencart when I only received the error during the process of uploading a file?
While your OC version has not been posted and based on the error message you posted on the first post, this issue originates from a memory leak from your server and not from OC itself since there are no major incidents reported about uploading files from forum users where memory leaks could occur during those times due to script changes. The File Manager feature is working fine with uploaded files. If by changing your php.ini file from either your root or admin does not take effect, see this post for possible resolution: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=205039&p=726539#p726539 .

As a last resort, if the post link above still does not fix the issue, contact your host to resolved this.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:05 am

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:55 pm
Apparently it may be related to a bad script in opencart, according to the user above
I did not say it may be related to a bad script, I said that scripts use memory and when it exceeds the maximum set in your php ini configuration it produces an error. Some scripts use a lot of memory and some use little depending on what the script is doing, bad script or good script, either way.

That maximum is set for a reason so that badly written scripts do not claim enormous amounts of memory and crash your system.
But if you set it too low, any script could run out of memory.
That is not related to opencart but a characteristic of PHP as a script interpreter.

You may not be a coder and you do not have to be but someone must have installed and configured your system for you (webserver, php, database) and that person should know what they are doing.
But you keep talking about scripts and of course I didn't write any of the scripts, I simply download opencart as is, using the scripts they made. I'm just not sure why you even mention bad scripts because if there is any bad scripts, that's on opencart, as I havent modified any of their scripts, I'm using them as is.

So like when you say "I said that scripts use memory and when it exceeds the maximum set in your php in" well of course I didn't write any script that would use memory like that. I don't see anywhere in the requirements about what's the min memory needed. It appears mine is set at 32MB though

Of course, I would never set my memory limit low. THat wouldn't make sense. In my opening post I mentioned I already changed limits in .ini files.

Can you explain this "have installed and configured your system for you (webserver, php, database) and that person should know what they are doing." Well yes I downloaded and installed it all by myself. Was working fine for a couple days setting it up to my liking(adding products etc) but when I got to adding pictures I ran into this problem. So I don't understand what you mean my webserver and php, I mean its already on my server, I didn't have to install these things. What was I supposed to do? esp when all hosting servers have limits. And database, why do you mention that? all I did was create a user/password and name for the database and created it. It works fine. How does that play a role in my memory error??? Or explain exactly what could I have done wrong in webserver,php,database to cause this memory error? I thought memory was set my limits in php.ini? (but controlled in full by the host)

I here to learn, so please let me know what I did wrong

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:59 pm
how is it not related to opencart when I only received the error during the process of uploading a file?
While your OC version has not been posted and based on the error message you posted on the first post, this issue originates from a memory leak from your server and not from OC itself since there are no major incidents reported about uploading files from forum users where memory leaks could occur during those times due to script changes. The File Manager feature is working fine with uploaded files. If by changing your php.ini file from either your root or admin does not take effect, see this post for possible resolution: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=205039&p=726539#p726539 .

As a last resort, if the post link above still does not fix the issue, contact your host to resolved this.
As mentioned I've only been using this for about 2 or 3 days, so I'm using the latest , most recent version of 3x

But A memory link on my server? I have another cart on my server I've been using for well over a year, was simply thinking about using this one because its free. I upload media files and picture files for products all the time on that one, never had that issue. I only received this error 2 days after installing opencart.

As for "no major incidents" , if you search this help forum you will clearly see several people had the same error message, same problem, doing same thing. Again I made this post proposing a different option because from what I read their solution did not work for me (which was simply raising the limit in php.ini)

In the link you posted, looks like the solution is the same solution I've seen, which is the change the limit, which I mentioned I already tried.Am I reading it wrong on the page you linked?

And after all these replies, nobody even tough on the question I asked: is there a way to manually clear this memory????

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:34 am

As for "no major incidents" , if you search this help forum you will clearly see several people had the same error message, same problem, doing same thing. Again I made this post proposing a different option because from what I read their solution did not work for me (which was simply raising the limit in php.ini)
These reports are based on limited hosting capacity with packaging users decides to jump into, it is not a platform issue since there are also other users where did not encountered any issues with their File Manager feature.
In the link you posted, looks like the solution is the same solution I've seen, which is the change the limit, which I mentioned I already tried.Am I reading it wrong on the page you linked?
You did not mentioned it wrong by mentioning you already tried 'a' solution but you did mentioned it wrong where the source of origin of that solution was located since this information cannot be found on your behalf on the topic since the first post. As per the forum rules dictates, these information must be included when creating a new topic.
And after all these replies, nobody even tough on the question I asked: is there a way to manually clear this memory????
Server memory cannot be cleared manually. As I have already mentioned on the above, which you chosed to skipped / ignored (I'll let you choose in-between), the solution in this case would be to call your hosting service since the php.ini or user.ini file is not responding to your changes on the domain level which is beyond the scope of Opencart.

In addition, you can also look for an alternative extension from the Marketplace about File Manager features noticing if the same issue can be reproduced since you believe this issue to be related to scripting.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:51 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:34 am

As for "no major incidents" , if you search this help forum you will clearly see several people had the same error message, same problem, doing same thing. Again I made this post proposing a different option because from what I read their solution did not work for me (which was simply raising the limit in php.ini)



'These reports are based on limited hosting capacity with packaging users decides to jump into, it is not a platform issue since there are also other users where did not encountered any issues with their File Manager feature."
So why did people even mention "bad scripts" to me when its not a platform issue? I'm not saying it is. When I posted, I didn't say it was. I did say I only encountered it when using opencart,which is simply the truth. My post was actually how to clear server memory, but I supplied a reason as to why I wanted to do that...
"You did not mentioned it wrong by mentioning you already tried 'a' solution but you did mentioned it wrong where the source of origin of that solution was located since this information cannot be found on your behalf on the topic since the first post. As per the forum rules dictates, these information must be included when creating a new topic."
Can you reword this? source of origin? are you saying I didn't say where I got the error message at? because I mentioned it was doing a image upload. The error message was just supporting info, my main question was how to clear memory. Or if you saying solution, the source of solution is from searching this same forum for the same error I had.

"Server memory cannot be cleared manually. As I have already mentioned on the above, which you chosed to skipped / ignored (I'll let you choose in-between), the solution in this case would be to call your hosting service since the php.ini or user.ini fil"
I didn't skip or ignore this. I saw it, read it, and understood. I just haven't done that yet. I was simply trying to find a solution on my own, since of course that's faster most of the time than waiting on support. I think most people troubleshoot this way: See what one can do on their own first, not just go to find paid support off the break, like some 'helpful' user here posted, smh

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:39 am

So why did people even mention "bad scripts" to me when its not a platform issue? I'm not saying it is. When I posted, I didn't say it was. I did say I only encountered it when using opencart,which is simply the truth. My post was actually how to clear server memory, but I supplied a reason as to why I wanted to do that...
Simple. Because you take their words for it while the most relevant information are the up-to-date ones based on the search results.
Can you reword this? source of origin? are you saying I didn't say where I got the error message at? because I mentioned it was doing a image upload. The error message was just supporting info, my main question was how to clear memory. Or if you saying solution, the source of solution is from searching this same forum for the same error I had.
The source of origin of the information you claim you have already tried means the URL as per dictated in the forum rules. While you claim to have already tried the solution, I don't see any referred posts from your first post indicating which solution you tried with the URL implicitly in the first place as you mentioned to have already tried the solution only once I provided the URL on the above. This is, then, considered incomplete information provided on your behalf.
I didn't skip or ignore this. I saw it, read it, and understood. I just haven't done that yet. I was simply trying to find a solution on my own, since of course that's faster most of the time than waiting on support. I think most people troubleshoot this way: See what one can do on their own first, not just go to find paid support off the break, like some 'helpful' user here posted, smh
If by finding a solution on your own can help you to optimize time and process as compared to await for forum supports to respond, then creating new topics the forum will only slow you down. In this forum community, this is not our intention nor is it what we're looking for. Forum supporters are troubleshooting other users on free will without any Time Management involved.

As for me, if you used the search and couldn't find any results based on the downtime responsiveness that you may believe to have seen, then clearly you may haven't used the forum search or, on the other way around, you may have used the forum search but without seeing a single reply on my behalf which I'd find ... pretty extraordinary at this point since I've been sitting on this forum for a long time. Therefore, based on time responsiveness, I would invite you to read this post which regards the non-obligations from forum supporters to fulfill and for OPs to expand their knowledge with the results they should expect when creating new topics: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=202898&p=717241&h ... us#p717241 . So to add, I normally reply within a reasonable time range, as much as other humans, I usually type between 60-100 words per minute which I believe fits the scale pretty much based on the so-called delays.

Lastly, it is great to hear that a specific user may of been of great help for you at a particular time. The forum community does encourage that as long as there's a relative link to your incident request where the solution was provided prior.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:53 am

You can't manually clear the memory, PHP will do this automatically.

What is probably happening is that the same large amount of memory is being use each time you are trying to do what you are doing in OpenCart. My guess is a previously uploaded image is very large or corrupted. This could cause OpenCart to use a lot of memory when generating the thumbnails for the file manager.

The message in your error logs should say what line of what PHP file caused the error. This, along with your exact OpenCart version would be useful for someone to help you confirm this.

If this is the case either find and delete the offending image via FTP or your hosting control panel. Or increase your PHP memory_limit setting. You may have to do this in your hosting control panel or ask your host if changing it in your php.ini doesn't work.

www.add-creative.co.uk


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am
Location - United Kingdom

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:53 am
You can't manually clear the memory, PHP will do this automatically.

What is probably happening is that the same large amount of memory is being use each time you are trying to do what you are doing in OpenCart. My guess is a previously uploaded image is very large or corrupted. This could cause OpenCart to use a lot of memory when generating the thumbnails for the file manager.

The message in your error logs should say what line of what PHP file caused the error. This, along with your exact OpenCart version would be useful for someone to help you confirm this.

If this is the case either find and delete the offending image via FTP or your hosting control panel. Or increase your PHP memory_limit setting. You may have to do this in your hosting control panel or ask your host if changing it in your php.ini doesn't work.
Automatically, how long does that take? I ask because I did it yesterday, waited about 14hours for it to clear up and its still there today. You say I can't manually clear the memory, so its there forever if PHP doesn't clear it? If I reboot the server that won't clear it either? it just stays? Just trying to learn how PHP memory works. So far it doesn't seem volatile, staying there as if it was written on a hard drive.

I went yesterday and deleted the file I uploaded, it was only 400KB (under a megabyte). I used FTP to my site to delete it. There are NO large files in there. Nothing over 1 megabyte. Only other thing large in there is the demo folder but I have left that there for now.

IT does say the line. I'm simply uploading a picture for the banner option. But it doesn't matter because if I got somewhere else and upload it will say a different line,different php file (the one I'm usinging) but the memory number is the same. So I don't think its the particular php file specific.(like if I go to download and upload a file it'll be an error in download.php)

as mentioned, I have the latest version, download 3 days ago, so its v3.0.3.2
as mentioned, I already tried changing limits in .ini files
I tried a LOT of things before posting here

Attachments

f1Capture.JPG

f1Capture.JPG (14.74 KiB) Viewed 305 times

Last edited by MdHackerGuy on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:39 am
So why did people even mention "bad scripts" to me when its not a platform issue? I'm not saying it is. When I posted, I didn't say it was. I did say I only encountered it when using opencart,which is simply the truth. My post was actually how to clear server memory, but I supplied a reason as to why I wanted to do that...
Simple. Because you take their words for it while the most relevant information are the up-to-date ones based on the search results.
Can you reword this? source of origin? are you saying I didn't say where I got the error message at? because I mentioned it was doing a image upload. The error message was just supporting info, my main question was how to clear memory. Or if you saying solution, the source of solution is from searching this same forum for the same error I had.
The source of origin of the information you claim you have already tried means the URL as per dictated in the forum rules. While you claim to have already tried the solution, I don't see any referred posts from your first post indicating which solution you tried with the URL implicitly in the first place as you mentioned to have already tried the solution only once I provided the URL on the above. This is, then, considered incomplete information provided on your behalf.
I didn't skip or ignore this. I saw it, read it, and understood. I just haven't done that yet. I was simply trying to find a solution on my own, since of course that's faster most of the time than waiting on support. I think most people troubleshoot this way: See what one can do on their own first, not just go to find paid support off the break, like some 'helpful' user here posted, smh
If by finding a solution on your own can help you to optimize time and process as compared to await for forum supports to respond, then creating new topics the forum will only slow you down. In this forum community, this is not our intention nor is it what we're looking for. Forum supporters are troubleshooting other users on free will without any Time Management involved.

As for me, if you used the search and couldn't find any results based on the downtime responsiveness that you may believe to have seen, then clearly you may haven't used the forum search or, on the other way around, you may have used the forum search but without seeing a single reply on my behalf which I'd find ... pretty extraordinary at this point since I've been sitting on this forum for a long time. Therefore, based on time responsiveness, I would invite you to read this post which regards the non-obligations from forum supporters to fulfill and for OPs to expand their knowledge with the results they should expect when creating new topics: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=202898&p=717241&h ... us#p717241 . So to add, I normally reply within a reasonable time range, as much as other humans, I usually type between 60-100 words per minute which I believe fits the scale pretty much based on the so-called delays.

Lastly, it is great to hear that a specific user may of been of great help for you at a particular time. The forum community does encourage that as long as there's a relative link to your incident request where the solution was provided prior.
I mean, if people are willing to spend their time to help me out with the info I have, why not just let them? I understand other people don't want to help me, I'm fine with that.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:43 am

I mean, if people are willing to spend their time to help me out with the info I have, why not just let them? I understand other people don't want to help me, I'm fine with that.
The more relative and detailed information you provide, the faster and accurate response you will get to resolved the issue and if resolvable. Otherwise, the incident request you are posting about is classified as a Known Error which only your host could probably resolved.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 am

as mentioned, I already tried changing limits in .ini files
I tried a LOT of things before posting here
So what did you set the limit to?
if you did this correctly and it is accepted by your system the number in this error message:
" Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted" would change, does it?

which are "a LOT of things"?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by MdHackerGuy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 am
as mentioned, I already tried changing limits in .ini files
I tried a LOT of things before posting here
So what did you set the limit to?
if you did this correctly and it is accepted by your system the number in this error message:
" Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted" would change, does it?

which are "a LOT of things"?
it was already set at 64MB (in the .ini), but phpinfo said 32MB,but i changed it to 128
as for "a lot of things", I listed them throughout all my replies in this topic
I basically tried all the resolutions I saw in this forum before I made this topic.....

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 am

Post by letxobnav » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

ok, next time you get the error, if you still do after updating the script memory limit, check the number (it states the limit).
If it is the same as what you set it to then your change worked (in that it is accepted by the system) but obviously not enough (or you would not have a new error).
If the latter is the case then you can start looking at some strange oc script issues or corrupt images and stuff like that.
if it is not the same, contact your host as that means that you cannot override your server settings or perhaps have to do it differently.

32MB for a script is not that much nowadays as developers have become very lazy since available memory is abudant so why bother concerning what amount of resources you are wasting.

Then again, I come from a time when we had to fit everything in 640KB without swapping so I have a general disdain for the current generation of developers... :clown:

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm
Location - Taiwan

Post by Burt65 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:11 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm
Then again, I come from a time when we had to fit everything in 640KB without swapping so I have a general disdain for the current generation of developers... :clown:
Ah, the good times of 300 bps.. ;D

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 pm
Location - Oz
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests