Post by psytanium » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Hello,

Any idea how can I replace the "Add To Cart" button with "Download" only if the product have downloads assigned to it ?

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:05 am

Redirect Add to Cart Buttons could do this. It's typically used to redirect the Add to Cart button, but it can also change the text, so if you use it to do that without a redirect you can change just the button's text. It would need to be done manually (it wouldn't automatically pick up on products with downloads) but it would let you do what you want.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by psytanium » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:29 am

Interesting extension, to complete this task i still need to find the download link, I use Catalog > Downloads, is there a way to copy the download URL and place it in the "Redirect Button To" ?

Post by Johnathan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:54 am

Yes, theoretically you could do that. The customer would need to be logged into their account though, otherwise the button wouldn't work. You can set the URL for the button to whatever you want, so you can test this in your current setup by copying that URL and pasting it into your browser bar. If you hit "enter" and it downloads the file, then it should work fine.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator