Post by mattys » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 am

Hi

I would like to be able to upload a pdf via the default content editor Summernote. For example, I would like to add a link to a pdf in category descriptions.

I am using the default theme, and opencart Version 3.0.2.0.

Under system > settings > server I have pdf enabled under Uploads.

As per this post viewtopic.php?f=184&t=199904&view=unrea ... 33e#unread, I have edited admin/controller/common/filemanager.php. I am unable to use the second code change to admin/view/template/common/filemanager.tpl as is OC2 and php, not OC3 twig. I don't know twig so am hoping i can get hold of a code snippet to go in /view/template/common/filemanager.twig

Failing that, although i have searched, i cannot find an OC3 plugin that can achieve the same thing, only OC2, as per the suggestions on this post viewtopic.php?f=184&t=199904&view=unrea ... 33e#unread. I don't mind paying for a fix so a plugin would be good if anyone knows?

Maybe I have missed something easy via settings on OC, if so, please let me know!

Matt

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:09 pm

mattys wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 am
Failing that, although i have searched, i cannot find an OC3 plugin that can achieve the same thing, only OC2, as per the suggestions on this post viewtopic.php?f=184&t=199904&view=unrea ... 33e#unread.
You could contact the developers of any suitable OC2 extensions asking if they're prepared to upgrade?

If not you can post a paid job on the Commercial Development forum to contact developers like ourselves who would be happy to quote for this.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by mattys » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 pm

The two OC2 extensions that would help if upgraded are:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=29701 - There is one support post, submitted 4 months a go:
Purchased, loaded and its not working. Logged support tickets in opencart support and direct with the creator and no response. Pity as it is badly needed. This comment can be removed if I get the support maybe developer is on holidays. - i don't see much happening there!

Then there is https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=27763 - There is a comment posted 9 months a go with no reply: Can you update this extension for opencart 3.0.2? - i don't see much happening there either!

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 pm

If you contact them through OpenCart, OpenCart will reduce their sales commission if they don't provide good support:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact

So try that first.

If not we're happy to quote, as are others in Commercial Support.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by mattys » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Just sent in 2 support requests for upgrades to OC3, thanks for your help with this Paul