Post by ArtGallery » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:02 am

I have some fairly long product options that need to be displayed in the shopping cart and in the order email. They are currently truncated to 20 characters which renders most of them useless for verifying what the customer has in their cart or in their final order. The only way that I can see exactly what options they selected is in the completed order in the Admin, which is unacceptable. The customer needs to clearly see all the options in their entirety in the cart and in the order email.

I saw that there was a mod for an older version of OC but nothing for 3.0x. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by ArtGallery » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:13 am

I made the changes to the files as listed in the link. Cleared the cache in OC and in my browser.... No change to the truncated option values in the cart which is the number one most important issue. I didn't check the order email but I am assuming it would be the same.

Post by letxobnav » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 am

in catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php

Code: Select all

$option_data[] = array(
						'name'  => $optionName,
						'value' => (utf8_strlen($value) > 20 ? utf8_substr($value, 0, 20) . '..' : $value)
					);

change the 20 or take a chance and remove the limitation altogether:

Code: Select all

$option_data[] = array(
						'name'  => $optionName,
						'value' => $value)
					);

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan