Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi,
I have OC version 3.0.2 and use braintree as payment service, yesterday they sent me an e-mail saying:
Quote:
(As part of our effort to increase stability and extend our global footprint, Braintree will update the IP addresses we use for sandbox and production API traffic on January 15, 2020. If you whitelist Braintree IP addresses in your integration, you must include these new addresses to ensure that you will be able to process transactions.
Read our blog post http://app.paypal-now.com/e/er?utm_camp ... 50&elqat=1 to learn more, and notify your developers about this change so they can take any needed action.)

Do I need to do something or not?

Best Regards, Mario

Post by opencartmart » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

They meant to whitelist IP addresses in your firewalls NOT in the integration code. If you didn't have any braintree IP address in your firewalls yet, you don't need to take any action.

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:53 pm

opencartmart wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm
They meant to whitelist IP addresses in your firewalls NOT in the integration code. If you didn't have any braintree IP address in your firewalls yet, you don't need to take any action.
If you are on a VPS and have WHM you should be able to search for firewall and see if any IPs are whitelisted or blacklisted.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by Mr.Pikatchu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm not on a VPS but I use VPN (cloudflare) I don't think they blacklist braintree IP addresses.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Mr.Pikatchu wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm
I'm not on a VPS but I use VPN (cloudflare) I don't think they blacklist braintree IP addresses.
You should be fine but schedule it in your calendar to do some test transaction after they switch.

P.S. CloudFlare is a CDN, a VPN is something very different.

Marking solved.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom