Post by LiviuVictor » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello!

Is there any way to restrict the delivery methods for each product/category?

For example, I have two delivery methods on my shop: by courier and pick up from our physical store.

We have some products that cannot be delivered by courier and I want to eliminate this method for them. When at check out, the customer should only have one option: pick up from store.

Also, depending on the delivery method, is there a way to define the payment options? For example: when a customer chooses to pick up from store he should not have the cash on delivery payment option.

Do you know if this is possible? Thank you

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:38 pm

This isn't possible in a standard OpenCart installation, but you can do it with extensions. For shipping, Category & Product-Based Shipping can set up rates based on the products and categories in the cart, and display the relevant options appropriately. You can see a few examples of setups here:

https://www.getclearthinking.com/catego ... d-shipping

For restricting payment methods based on shipping method choice, I also have a Restrict Payment Methods extension. That would let you conditionally enable/disable your payment methods based on the customer's shipping method choice.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator