Post by Jules_Opencart » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:46 pm

I've noticed we can input a product, then re-input a duplicate product with the same details and the system isn't telling us?

Currently it's fine, as we only have one page of products, however we do eventually intend to put a couple of thousand products online. Obviously duplication will not be good.

I was reading this post, but it's for the older OC v1.5, is there a similar idea for the latest version of OC please?

Apologies if somebody has already asked this, I did search for an answer before posting but couldn't find anything applicable.

Thanks in advance

Post by OSWorX » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:27 pm

First of all: easy to do
2. what is YOUR latest version of OpenCart (too many here understand some different under latest version!)
3. check only the model - or more?

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Jules_Opencart » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:02 am

OSWorX wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:27 pm
First of all: easy to do
2. what is YOUR latest version of OpenCart (too many here understand some different under latest version!)
3. check only the model - or more?

Version is Version 3.0.3.2

I'll be honest though, I don't know what you mean when you say "3. check only the model - or more?" please explain (thanks in advance)

EDIT : Ohh maybe you mean the Model in the Data tab? so is that the primary way that OC checks for duplications?

Post by OSWorX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:33 am

No, if you have read the other referred post, there is only the model (products model id > Catalog > Product >> TAB 2 >>> Field Model) checked.
So, if only that field is checked, you could add another (same) product (all except the model id) and it will be stored.
If you do not want such, I would check also other fields (see Product > TAB 2 >> input fields).

That was my question.

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Jules_Opencart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:41 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:33 am
No, if you have read the other referred post, there is only the model (products model id > Catalog > Product >> TAB 2 >>> Field Model) checked.
So, if only that field is checked, you could add another (same) product (all except the model id) and it will be stored.
If you do not want such, I would check also other fields (see Product > TAB 2 >> input fields).

That was my question.
Sorry for our delay, it's taken quite a while to understand exactly what you mean.

Initially I didn't know what OC used to check for duplication. I've come to the conclusion that it's the * Model field on the data tab.

Going back to your 3rd question, (3. check only the model - or more?) - yes that's fine.

WILL this fix work on the latest version of OC??

EDIT : Answer = NO :o

Screenshot 1 : Shows the format of the initial .PHP has changed, no matter we'll proceed to the end of the file anyway.
Screenshot 2 : Pasted the code into place, on to the next amendment.
Screenshot 3 : More incompatibility, the differences from revisions huh.
Screenshot 4 : Insert has evolved into Index by the looks of things in the latest version.

Nah, I'm not confident enough to make these amendments when procedure names have changed, I'll wait for somebody with a better knowledge and understanding of the procedure calls to walk me through it.

Going back to the my first post on this thread..
Jules_Opencart wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:46 pm
I was reading this post, but it's for the older OC v1.5, is there a similar idea for the latest version of OC please?