Post by belindaj » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Is there a way to force checkout as guest only - NOT to allow account creation?

In the System > Settings > Store > Options - there's a radio button to ENABLE guest checkout , but no way to DISABLE account creation as far as I can find.

Current client has a local distribution method that works appropriately - therefore we do not have or need shipping options at this time for this particular cart - but do need a custom (Student Name) field to be placed on every order that allows for ease of distribution. If I setup the Custom Field Student Name to be required in the Address location, I can accomplish this - but it needs to be unique to every order - since a family often has more than one child, and requiring the custom field in the Account location will not allow multiple unique orders to be specific to different students within the same family.

Additional suggestions welcome.

New and Treading Water Feverishly ;D
Current Cart-in-progress: https://gtgshops.com 3.0.3.2 installation, no core files modified

Post by thekrotek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:22 pm

You can achieve this with a simple modification, which will hide Register New Account option from checkout and redirect visitors from account/register page to some other.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:42 pm

For the checkout part of things, you could use Hide Checkout Steps to hide the first step. Assuming the customer isn't logged in, it will hide the step and choose guest checkout for the customer, so they don't have to see it. You'd then need to remove the register/login links from your header template file, which should be located here:

/catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/common/header.twig

If you then set all your products to "Requires Shipping: No", then it won't show the shipping steps, meaning it would just be billing address, payment method, and confirm order. If you wanted to skip the payment step or only had a single payment option, you could also skip that using Hide Checkout Steps.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by thekrotek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Without redirecting from account/register all this hiding is a fool proof.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member