Post by ArtGallery » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 pm

I installed OpenCart 3.0.3.2 using Softaculous in the CPanel to do some testing. I found this extension already installed in the Extensions / Modifications menu:
Local copy OCMOD by iSenseLabs iSenseLabs 1.1.1 Enabled
  • Is that a normal part of the installation?
    If not, any clue why it is there?
    Should I leave it installed or remove it?
I don't see it in my 3.0.3.1 installation.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:24 am

I might be wrong ..
but I think this file is a very kind free piece of work by isense labs to solve a issue with earlier versions of OC3 which had a problem uploading ocmods without setting up the ftp in admin/settings ...
Not sure on which OC version this was fixed
Not sure isense labs are connected / approved the use of their work
if you search google for isense labs they will tell you

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:39 pm

That ocMod file is not standard to OpenCart, but it's widely used and is safe. It lets you upload .ocmod.zip bundles without entering FTP info in System > Settings, which is very handy (and actually much safer, so you're not putting FTP details into your OpenCart installation). I recommend it to all OpenCart 2.x users, so as long as it's the original version of that and not some modified copy, it should be fine to leave installed.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:39 pm
That ocMod file is not standard to OpenCart, but it's widely used and is safe. It lets you upload .ocmod.zip bundles without entering FTP info in System > Settings, which is very handy (and actually much safer, so you're not putting FTP details into your OpenCart installation). I recommend it to all OpenCart 2.x users, so as long as it's the original version of that and not some modified copy, it should be fine to leave installed.
Thank you

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by ArtGallery » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.