Post by SoloApoellin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi all.
I need an extension or customization that simply adds an extra shipping method for home delivery.
We have free shipping on all orders over €75.00, but despite that, if somebody select the home delivery option, an extra cost of €2.00 will be added to the total price, even if the free shipping is applied or not applied. We have setup the flat rate for orders less than €75.00 to be at €3.00 and is working fine but we need this extra shipping method for home delivery to appear as well.

We are using Opencart version 3.0.2.0 and Journal 2 theme

For example:

1. Lets say total orders in the cart are €50.00 ( Free Shipping is not applied)

Options to appear should be:

Flat Shipping Rate: €3.00 -- Which is the set up and working OK
Home Delivery(+€2.00) -- that will be added extra to the total price.

So the total price should be: €50.00 + Flat Shipping Rate €3.00 + Home Delivery(+€2.00) = €55.00

OR (the preferred method)

Flat Shipping Rate: €3.00
Flat Shipping Rate(€3.00 ) + Home Delivery(€2.00): €5.00

2. Lets say total orders in the cart are €80.00 ( Free Shipping is being applied)

Options to appear should be:

Free Shipping: €0.00
Home Delivery(+€2.00) -- that will be added anyway even if free shipping is applied.

So the total price should be: €80.00 + Home Delivery(+€2.00) = €82.00

OR (the preferred method)

Free Shipping: €0.00
Free Shipping + Home Delivery(€2.00): €2.00

I have checked for extensions but only this one looks relevant but it is not supported for Opencat 3.x
Home Delivery
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... e=0&page=9

I also found this one but I'm not sure if is doing what i need. Any advice on this one is very welcome.
X-Shipping or X-Shipping Pro
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13525

Basically i need guidance on what extension to choose that is doing what i describe above ( Journal 2 compatible), or customization to the existing installation.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by SoloApoellin on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Total-Based Shipping can do this. You'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Flat Rate Shipping (€3.00)
Sort Order: 1
Charge Field: 0-74.99 = 3.00

CHARGE #2
Title: Flat Rate Shipping (€3.00) + Home Delivery (€2.00)
Sort Order: 2
Charge Field: 0-74.99 = 5.00

CHARGE #3
Title: Free Shipping (€0.00)
Sort Order: 3
Charge Field: 75-99999 = 0.00

CHARGE #4
Title: Free Shipping (€0.00) + Home Delivery (€2.00)
Sort Order: 4
Charge Field: 75-99999 = 2.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by letxobnav » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:25 pm

so where do you ship if they don't select home delivery?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Judging from your description of the task you need some kind of SHIPPING FEE, not another shipping method. Am I right?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 pm

SoloApoellin wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:19 pm
I have checked for extensions but only this one looks relevant but it is not supported for Opencat 3.x
Home Delivery
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... e=0&page=9
https://github.com/condor2/opencart-home-delivery-3020

And I think you can use X-fee extension
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13535

My Extensions | OC 3.0.3.1, 3.0.2.0, 2.3.0.2 with bugs fixed | 2.3.0.2 Custom version | Buy me a beer or coffee

Post by SoloApoellin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:22 am

Thanks to all of you for your reply's

@Johnathan
You gave me clear information. I will check your solution for sure. Thanks again.

@letxobnav
so where do you ship if they don't select home delivery?
if they don't select Home Delivery the order goes to the local courier store and they pick it up from there.

@thekrotek
Judging from your description of the task you need some kind of SHIPPING FEE, not another shipping method. Am I right?
i'm not sure if is a shipping fee. It needs to be like an option so the customer can select it. Most of them they like to pick up from courier store. But some they want the order to be send at home and the courier charges extra for that. If is a shipping fee how will be applied on top of flat rate or free shipping? How to choose the option for the Home Delivery?

@xxvirusxx
Thank you for your suggestion and the Home Delivery extension for Opencart 3. I will check that as well. The X-fee extension it seems that cannot be setup as an option for Home Delivery cost. I need it to be selectable.

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 am

Then I would make that explicit, rename flat rate and free shipping:

options:
Local Courier Storage: €3.00
Home Delivery(+€5.00)

Local Courier Storage: €0.00
Home Delivery(+€2.00)

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 am

SoloApoellin wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:22 am
i'm not sure if is a shipping fee. It needs to be like an option so the customer can select it. Most of them they like to pick up from courier store. But some they want the order to be send at home and the courier charges extra for that. If is a shipping fee how will be applied on top of flat rate or free shipping? How to choose the option for the Home Delivery?
I have an extension called Shipping Fee or Discount, which simply adds additional fee as a new order total on checkout depending on the selected shipping method. You define in admin, how much you want to charge extra for particular shipping method.

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 pm

it's not a fee but a separate shipping method which needs to be selected.

Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm

if they don't select Home Delivery the order goes to the local courier store and they pick it up from there.
so you ignore the shipping address the user supplies?
how do you determine the local courier address then and how would the user know where there stuff ends up?

Location - Taiwan

Post by thekrotek » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:45 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 pm
it's not a fee but a separate shipping method which needs to be selected.
You can't select 2 shipping methods, so it must be a fee anyway.

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:26 pm

nope, separate shipping method as even the delivery location is different.

Location - Taiwan

Post by SoloApoellin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi letxobnav, thanks for your reply

Then I would make that explicit, rename flat rate and free shipping:

options:
Local Courier Storage: €3.00
Home Delivery(+€5.00)

Local Courier Storage: €0.00
Home Delivery(+€2.00)
So you are saying to rename Flat Rate to Local Courier Storage and Free Shipping to Home Delivery, is that correct? But how would that work if free shipping appears only when the order is over 75 euro? And how the values of both options will be updated?

so you ignore the shipping address the user supplies?
how do you determine the local courier address then and how would the user know where there stuff ends up?
The courier that we cooperate has many shops in every city and many provinces my country. And because the distances are small, is common to send the orders to the courier shops and people pick up them from there. By the address, i can find the nearest courier shop to the customer address and send it there. And also the address is for for home delivery, if they want that. We also send an email with the courier shop address to the customer after the purchase. But as i say is common here this kind of business. everybody knows their nearest courier shop. is like your local post office. if you want to send or collect something you go to your nearest post office.

@thekrotek
thanks for your reply thekrotek. i agree with letxobnav that is a separate shipping method and it has to be selectable. I don't need to apply a fee if somebody wants to pick up the order from the local courier shop and doesn't want home delivery. Yes you cannot select two shipping options, that is why i need two separate shipping methods. One for pick up from Local Courier Storage and another for Home Delivery.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:51 pm

SoloApoellin wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:01 pm
@thekrotek
thanks for your reply thekrotek. i agree with letxobnav that is a separate shipping method and it has to be selectable. I don't need to apply a fee if somebody wants to pick up the order from the local courier shop and doesn't want home delivery. Yes you cannot select two shipping options, that is why i need two separate shipping methods. One for pick up from Local Courier Storage and another for Home Delivery.
In this case you can simply copy the desired shipping method, renaming its files and changing the title. Or you can use extension like All-in-One Shipping and create as much shipping methods as you want without messing with files.

Expert Member

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:39 pm

the issue is that you need a separate shipping method but that shipping method also changes the destination, normal shipping methods don't do that.
so in case you have the home delivery method active you should rename the other (non-home delivery) methods to reflect that those will not be delivered to the home destination but to the local courier storage. For the customer it does not matter if the underlying method for those is flat rate or free, they will see that in the price anyway.

Location - Taiwan

Post by letxobnav » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:47 pm

you could also duplicate the flat rate method into home delivery, add 2 euro to the charges you now have for flat rate and check in that method if free shipping is also active and set the charge to just 2 euro in that case.
Then you only have to mention that shipping is to the courier only for the original flat rate and free shipping methods.

Location - Taiwan

Post by SoloApoellin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi letxobnav

I will try your solution and see how it goes. I found some ocmods that can duplicate the flat rate shipping. it doesn't matter if the shipping method changes the destination. If i can make the two options to appear then is ok

Thanks a lot