Post by WEDESIGNIT » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Upgrading opencart and receiving the following error and cannot progress past step one on the /install page.

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 parsererror Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/nc8gy0olocmr/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 8{"success":"Patch 1000 has been applied (1 of 10)","next":"index.php?route=upgrade\/upgrade\/next&step=2"}

Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried hours of Google/research, the code on line 8 is: $this->connection = new \mysqli($hostname, $username, $password, $database, $port);

line 8 with the rest of the code below:

<?php
namespace DB;
final class MySQLi {
private $connection;

public function __construct($hostname, $username, $password, $database, $port = '3306') {

$this->connection = new \mysqli($hostname, $username, $password, $database, $port);

if ($this->connection->connect_error) {
throw new \Exception('Error: ' . $this->connection->error . '<br />Error No: ' . $this->connection->errno);
}

$this->connection->set_charset("utf8");
$this->connection->query("SET SQL_MODE = ''");
}

Thanks in advance.

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 am

Upgrading from what version to what version?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:19 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 am
Just leave it be. Seriously, let's just ignore such topics and maybe their authors will learn to create better tittles and provide details of the issue.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:39 am

Yes, topic closed :smiley:

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by WEDESIGNIT » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:02 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:19 am
xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 am
Just leave it be. Seriously, let's just ignore such topics and maybe their authors will learn to create better tittles and provide details of the issue.
I think personally you should get off this forum. I've looked over your previous responses to other people and you are so rude and quite frankly so far up your own backside it's a joke. Quite honestly how you justify such responses is beyond me, you must be a very sad person in your life to get a kick out of it. Yes, I forgot to put the version in the original comment, my apologies, but at which point did ANY of my original post show anything OTHER than thankfulness for anyone willing to help or attempt to try.

I am very far from being in the know RE code and as such have posted a plee for help. You have come in with such arrogance purely because I have left out some information - clearly you're like the typical bouncer at the door that has a power trip.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:17 am

WEDESIGNIT wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:02 am
I think personally you should get off this forum. I've looked over your previous responses to other people and you are so rude and quite frankly so far up your own backside it's a joke. Quite honestly how you justify such responses is beyond me, you must be a very sad person in your life to get a kick out of it. Yes, I forgot to put the version in the original comment, my apologies, but at which point did ANY of my original post show anything OTHER than thankfulness for anyone willing to help or attempt to try.
I think personally you should seek for another forum, full of superheroes willing to guess your every word. I looked into your this very topic and you're so disrespectful to the people you're trying to ask for help, that you must be a very sad person in your life, because you're definitely trying to compensate something. And yes, you forgot to basically put most important details in original comment, apology accepted.

In the future don't even think of lecturing and judging anyone on these forums, when you're not even trying to be good yourself. You're basically asking for FREE help, so it is in YOUR very interest to provide every single possible detail and NEVER judge ANY reply. And if you forgot to provide details, which followed by a not very pleasant reply, have some balls. Once again, you're not asking for commercial support, you're not asking for free support for a purchased extension, you're asking for FREE support of FREE framework. So stop lecturing anyone, apologize for missing details and provide them instead of telling me, how bad I am. Couldn't care less.

Expert Member

Post by WEDESIGNIT » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:17 am
WEDESIGNIT wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:02 am
I think personally you should seek for another forum, full of superheroes willing to guess your every word. I looked into your this very topic and you're so disrespectful to the people you're trying to ask for help, that you must be a very sad person in your life, because you're definitely trying to compensate something. And yes, you forgot to basically put most important details in original comment, apology accepted.

In the future don't even think of lecturing and judging anyone on these forums, when you're not even trying to be good yourself. You're basically asking for FREE help, so it is in YOUR very interest to provide every single possible detail and NEVER judge ANY reply. And if you forgot to provide details, which followed by a not very pleasant reply, have some balls. Once again, you're not asking for commercial support, you're not asking for free support for a purchased extension, you're asking for FREE support of FREE framework. So stop lecturing anyone, apologize for missing details and provide them instead of telling me, how bad I am. Couldn't care less.
Pretty much everything you just said was redundant, considering in my last comment I did apologise. I'm disrespectful? Your first reply was outright rude and unnecessary and this response shows I have touched a nerve, because i'm right. Of course I am asking for free help, if pointing out the obvious makes you feel good (once again) then i'm sure you're a bundle of fun. Regardless, that does not in anyway give you the right to point and laugh on your high horse because I missed out some information? Instead of being such a a$$hole about it, perhaps make a point in a nice way, or just don't bother commenting.. it's not difficult. You wanted to stick your two cents in after that point had already been made by Virus, and you did it in such a way that was not needed.

I have not been disrespectful to anybody other then you, because no, you don't get the right to talk to people that way just because you 'think you do'. As I said, if you were truly here to help people (of all knowledge levels) you would do so nicely. Maybe you're just fed up of people missing out information, i'm guessing this isn't the first time and judging by your previous post responses it's clearly worn you down, perhaps you should hang up the forum post gloves and crack a beer open because you're clearly not cut out for it anymore. You're rude and your arrogance supersedes you.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:44 am

WEDESIGNIT wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 am
Pretty much everything you just said was redundant, considering in my last comment I did apologise. I'm disrespectful?
Pretty much everything YOU said in your previous AND the following reply was redundant. You didn't just apologize, you started to criticize my reply and judge me. So yes, you ARE disrespectful.
WEDESIGNIT wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 am
Your first reply was outright rude and unnecessary and this response shows I have touched a nerve, because i'm right.
No, it wasn't and you're NOT right. In your subconscious you think you're the only one, who came here for help, but in real like it's not true. There're like HUNDREDS of people every day coming for help and 9 of 10 don't care much about posting proper support request. You belong to the "9" group, so this is why you get this reply. And I'm not the only one, who simply tired of such topics, which provide zero details or miss the basics. When I need something, I ALWAYS try to provide as much details as possible, because it is in my interest. Any other behavior simply shows your disrespect, no mater how hard you're trying to justify yourself.

Ah, and regarding to "rights", you have them even less, because this isn't us who asked for your help, but absolutely the opposite. So just stop judging me or any other developer here and correct your OWN mistakes instead. Whining in every reply won't help your issues and I solve mine myself, so again, couldn't care less. You opinion regarding my qualities mean super zero nothing to me.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Pretty much everything you just said was redundant, considering in my last comment I did apologise. I'm disrespectful? Your first reply was outright rude and unnecessary and this response shows I have touched a nerve, because i'm right.
As per the readings of these posts, nobody's right on the topic, so far. Granted, while the empathy has not been used to the most discreet way and that nobody followed the forum rules nor was it directed to; is considered a failed topic in all directions. This is the reason why each forum organizations have rules where they need to be followed in order to avoid impacts and failed reported incidents. So far, your first post does not address any details on how a forum supporter could assist you by finding the root cause and to provide a definite solution to the problem you have described.

With that being said, you are all invited to read the forum rules as per what are expected from OC OP users when reporting incidents when creating a new incident request on the forum. The links are already included on my signature as they are impossible to be, either, missed or dismissed. Failure to comply remains under the OP's responsibility to expect differed results based on the QAs as well as the forum moderators to monitor those QAs especially whenever topics needs to be reported.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:34 am

... is considered a failed topic in all directions
Fully agreed, starting with Nigerian Scam Style UPPER CASE Titles,
and still no old Version mentioned anywhere from one side, and little
or nothing on the problem of use from the other.

But it's also reflecting a matter, mainly existing because of lacking
information, since OC never really cared much about this Upgrade
Function. I recall old v.1.5.x upgrade info beeing part of OC Installs
up to Version 2.3.0.2, despite of the Fact, that everyone knew,
that it could never work out well in the first place.

Code: Select all

///////////////////////////////////////
///    OpenCart V1.5.x TO 1.5.x     ///
///      Upgrade Instructions       ///
///     http://www.opencart.com     ///
NOTE: THIS IS FOR UPGRADE ON EXISTING INSTALLS ONLY!
IF INSTALLING NEW, BE SURE TO READ THE INSTALL.TXT FILE INSTEAD
##########################################
THIS IS FOR UPGRADING EXISTING OPENCART 1.5.x STORES ONLY
DO NOT USE THIS UPGRADE TO CONVERT FROM 1.4.x to 1.5.x!!
If you have 1.4.x and want to upgrade to 1.5.x, You need to use the script here:
   http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50292 
And this is the Content of a v.3.0.2.0 Upgrade info, and according to
this, for OC v.2.x Versions, it would not even work by use of this Code.

Code: Select all

///    OpenCart V1.5.x TO 3.0.x     ///
///      Upgrade Instructions       ///
///     http://www.opencart.com     ///
NOTE: THIS IS FOR UPGRADE ON EXISTING INSTALLS ONLY!
IF INSTALLING NEW, BE SURE TO READ THE INSTALL.TXT FILE INSTEAD
If you have 1.4.x and want to upgrade to 1.5.x, You need to use the script here:
   http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50292 
which leaves a very mixed Impression on engagement and
will, even from a distant 'neutral' point of View. To everybody,
beeing aware about the potential problems related, but not
acting accordingly in time. I was one of the only Posters here,
complaining about that weird matter, multiple times.

And as a logical consequence of such, this topic is just another
representative Sample of, what might result out of such (un)doings.

And it sure does not add to satisfied Users, and so potential Code-Buyers,
neither to OC, nor to anybody else here, trying, to create some income with
OC. It's more the Contrary of what I understand of doing successful Business.

Nasty Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 am

Function. I recall old v.1.5.x upgrade info beeing part of OC Installs
up to Version 2.3.0.2, despite of the Fact, that everyone knew,
that it could never work out well in the first place.
I'd have to beg to differ on that since I just completed an upgrade for a user as a custom job between v1.5x and the latest OC v3.x release as it runs smoothly. The only envisioned mentality of people where results may fail at 99% of the time when upgrading their stores is by using an upgrade / migration tool since a mouse allows to click a referral button on the browser to blind them from the truth in the back-end. Once you know the back-end, nothing can pretty much prevent anybody to maintain their stores.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 pm

WEDESIGNIT wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 pm
Upgrading opencart and receiving the following error and cannot progress past step one on the /install page.
So anyway, to get back on topic, what versions are you going from and to, and what method are you using?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom