Post by ArtGallery » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 am

I have been backing up my installation using the this menu System > Maintenance > Backup / Restore. However, I have not yet been able to get a restore to work. Some kind of error always stops the restore at about 75% of completion. Is there some other way to backup OpenCart 3.x that is more likely to work when I need to do a restore? (Besides physically copying the entire directory)

An error box pops up that appears to be dealing with Duplicate entry for key PRIMARY Error No. 1062 plus a bunch more text, but it won't let me copy the error text. I looked in System > Maintenance > Error Logs and it was empty. Is there another error log file somewhere to find the error message from the failed Restore upload?

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:40 am

IF your host offers a backup solution, you would do better to use that.

If you have Shell / Root access. you could use any number of backup solutions such as: automysqlbackup and couple that with Amazon S3 to do father son backups or similar.

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ArtGallery » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:44 am

Thanks for the suggestion. They do have one and I will see if it works for me.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:41 pm

ArtGallery wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 am
(Besides physically copying the entire directory)
This would not give you a working backup and neither would using the one in the admin.

OpenCart is made up of files and a database, you must backup both as described here:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/opencart-backup-restore/

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by ArtGallery » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks for the informative link!

I am still curious as to why the built in backup and restore does not work for me. Hopefully that article will explain the reason.