Post by onlinepixel » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi,
I have this problem with my mail chimp script :

<script id="mcjs">!function(c,h,i,m,p){m=c.createElement(h),p=c.getElementsByTagName(h)[0],m.async=1,m.src=i,p.parentNode.insertBefore(m,p)}(document,"script","https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/ ... );</script>

I placed this code before </head> tag and it still does not show conected with my accout in mailchimp. I have opencart 3.0.3.1 . It is another way to place that code in opencart 3? In opencart 2.3 it was the same..placed before <head> tag and i dint have any problem. Thank you.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:20 pm

When you view the source of the page, is that code appearing?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by onlinepixel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 pm

Yes...even twice :'( I chat with mailchimp suport and they notified me that they see the code twice!

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 pm

onlinepixel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 pm
Yes...even twice :'( I chat with mailchimp suport and they notified me that they see the code twice!
That could be the problem then! Perhaps you also pasted it in the admin?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by chobits332 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:21 pm

I have the same issue. code is only in once. tried moving it into footer, on homepage, and in head. Nothing happened.

https://cutsewcute.com/

Location - portland

Post by sw!tch » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:30 pm

You need to refresh your theme cache anytime you make a change to twig and have cache enabled.

Admin-> Dashboard -> Cog Icon -> refresh the theme cache

If you also have modifications, then you should refresh the modification cache as well.

Admin-> Extension-> Modification -> refresh icon.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by Voltagescot » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:19 pm

You could try putting it on the Google analytics module. But if you have code there space it out ;)

You can build your own dream or help build someone else's. O0

Post by chobits332 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:43 am

chobits332 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:21 pm
I have the same issue. code is only in once. tried moving it into footer, on homepage, and in head. Nothing happened.

Its not cache, But I did get it to work. The script was fine, the form on mail chimps side wasn't set up correctly. I created the proper form there and now it pops up just fine on bolterbunny.com

https://cutsewcute.com/

Location - portland

Post by MajorPain » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Just came across this post and having the same issue. I've added the embedded code from mailchimp like the code above, placed right above </head> in the header.twig. I did this 3 weeks ago and refreshed the cache several times but still nothing. Tried adding it after the analytics code for laughs and still nothing. On our old website Arastta that didn't use twig, it worked fine. The result was a pop up box bottom right corner to signup to the newletter.

Post by MajorPain » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:00 pm

All good now. Checked with mailchimp and though it showed the website was active, it apparently wasn't. Their frontend shows incorrect website status at times.