Post by Fabienlolo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 am

Hi everybody,
I am using OC 3.0.2., with Journal 2 theme, store url is https://www.vacacionandocancun/tours/
This store displays 4 different currencies.
In my System > Settings > Options, "Vouchers Min" is set to "50" and "Vouchers Max" is set to "1000"
Now, my issue is that front end users at https://www.vacacionandocancun.com/tour ... nt/voucher, whatever the currency he chooses, still has to give a value between "50" and "1000" when entering voucher amount, unlike bubble is saying. And tested in both Journal 2 and OC default Theme. Same issue.
Then when getting into checkout page and payment page, value is converted into front end user currency.
Is there a way for front-end user to give a value in the currency he choosed for the store?
If not, is there a way to inform the default currency for voucher?
Extra issue: is there a way to show front-end user voucher's min and max values? I understand that if you click on "amount" word, a little bubble mentiones that but, i feel it would be more relevant to have it displayed right away.
Thank you for your help,
Let me know if any extra info is needed,
Fabien
Last edited by Fabienlolo on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico

Post by Fabienlolo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 am

Hi,
This voucher issue is still not solved. So for the moment, i modified the legend of the voucher entry field mentioning the default currency to use when valuing the voucher. I just had to go in each of the file language \catalog\language\your-installed-language\account\voucher.php and modify the $_['entry_amount'] variable value.
Again, i hope someone can help me to fix the fact that the voucher value does not depend on the currency the front-end user choosed but depends on the default currency for your product prices (the currency set to 1.000000 in the currency tab, not the default one as they are different in my case).

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico

Post by Fabienlolo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:20 am

Actually,
it is not working as mentionned in the previous post. Because it has a different behavior depending on the front-end user currency choice. I am still quite confused on why can't this voucher value work just like a product price. All my product works fine, but the voucher gift.
I can see people checking this post, but it seems like no one has a clue so far.
Or is it that obvious and i am missing a point?
Thanks for your help.

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico

Post by Fabienlolo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:35 am

So, as i did not know how to fix my issue, i am going around the issue, hoping that this issue could be solved some day.
1. I created a "Gift Voucher" category
2. I created vouchers of different values, "100 USD", "200USD", etc..., as products of the mentionned category. I know i could have created one product and people would use product quantity to adjust, but i feel it is more user-friendly like this.
3. I modified my footer link so the "gift voucher" link would lead to my "Gift Voucher" category and not to OpenCart Voucher page.
This help me avoid currency issues from the OpenCart Voucher page, but i loose a few features of the original OpenCart Voucher page.
So if anyone can help to fix my currency issue on my OpenCart Voucher page https://www.vacacionandocancun.com/tour ... nt/voucher, please, be my guest.
Cheers,

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico