Post by jlaframboise » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 am

I have a few hundred products so I'd like to make a change to the database using sql but I have no idea how that's done. I want to change the subtract from stock value from 1 to 0.
Last edited by jlaframboise on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 am

Assuming it's for all your product option values, in your PHPMyAdmin, execute the following query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE `oc_product_option_value` SET `subtract` = '0' WHERE `subtract` = '1';
Note: Change oc_ prefix if using a different table prefix for your Opencart database. An additional note would be to consider that a web server can process a maximum range of 500 rows per queries when updating - also depending on the server's capacity.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jlaframboise » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:44 am

phpmyadmin doesn't let me paste this into the sql box. I tried to paste it to the query page but it disappears and doesn't do anything. I should have warned you, I'm not real bright.

No wonder people call me stupid. I was checking the wrong table. I also was able to paste using ctrl-v instead of right clicking on the mouse. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by jlaframboise on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by kestas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 am
Assuming it's for all your product option values, in your PHPMyAdmin, execute the following query:

I do not understand why was suggested to make changes to product options table if question was
I have a few hundred products so I'd like to make a change to the database using sql but I have no idea how that's done. I want to change the subtract from stock value from 1 to 0.
I think you need to change just product table...
So you need In phpmyadmin paste the code above to sql field and click GO

UPDATE `oc_product` SET `subtract` = '0' WHERE `subtract` = '1'

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by jlaframboise » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks for your reply too kestas. Actually, I think I'll end up doing both. Everything was originally set to subtract from stock. The store owner wants to do that manually now so I had to change the existing values to 0. This value is set in two places, one on the data tab and the other on the options tab. I will also be setting the default to 0 or no but that is probably in one of the control pages. Thanks to both of you.

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 am

kestas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 am
straightlight wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 am

I do not understand why was suggested to make changes to product options table if question was
jlaframboise wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am
Thanks for your reply too kestas. Actually, I think I'll end up doing both. Everything was originally set to subtract from stock. The store owner wants to do that manually now so I had to change the existing values to 0. This value is set in two places, one on the data tab and the other on the options tab. I will also be setting the default to 0 or no but that is probably in one of the control pages. Thanks to both of you.
Knowledge is everything, that's why.

@jlaframboise: You are going in the right direction. :)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:32 pm

jlaframboise wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 am
I'd like to make a change to the database using sql but I have no idea how that's done
Sounds dangerous, be sure to backup the database first.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom