Post by Vasiliki T. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 am

Hello to everyone! I'm new in Opencart.. I have upload my eshop and while I am in admin page in System-->Settings when I make any change and push the save button I have this msg:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

any ideas?

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 am

As a new forum user, please read the forum rules. Then. check your error logs / server access logs about a 404 error code for the admin settings page.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Vasiliki T. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm

My OC Version is 3.0.2.0 and I use Electra theme (https://themeforest.net/item/electra-op ... e/20935502), my site is www.mr-tech.gr and it's a single setup! I am only a week online, I worked locally so far. My problem is when I try to change enything in the settings of my admin page I have a 403 forbidden error. Any ideas?

How can I check my error logs / server access logs about a 404 error code for the admin settings page? I guess not from opencart admin page... I have to ask my server provider?

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Vasiliki T. wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm
when I try to change enything in the settings of my admin page I have a 403 forbidden error. Any ideas?
Often web hosts can block form POSTs that contain a lot of data so perhaps check with them.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Vasiliki T. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 pm

I spoke with my host provider and they told me to except the id of this error from the mod security of the hosting plesk, so I did it and now I can save my changes without any error in my admin page. But I am wondering if this was right and no proble occurs from this exception..

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:10 am

Vasiliki T. wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 pm
I spoke with my host provider and they told me to except the id of this error from the mod security of the hosting plesk, so I did it and now I can save my changes without any error in my admin page. But I am wondering if this was right and no proble occurs from this exception..
Monitor your error / server access logs after doing these changes for mod security noticing additional errors (if any).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Vasiliki T. » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:12 am

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying.. you want me to saw the screen with the error?

Post by Start Open Cart » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 am

Forbiden acces want to be if on server enabled Mod Security and if not set good rules.
Perhaps, can something else also causing such a problems, but mod security 100% make problem with the permissions of the users group.
Need try disable Mod Security and check.

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:39 pm

startopencart wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 am
try disable Mod Security and check.
What for do you think is mod_security for?
Bad advice to disable that, the more if you do not own a dedicated own server.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Start Open Cart » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:39 pm
startopencart wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 am
try disable Mod Security and check.
What for do you think is mod_security for?
Bad advice to disable that, the more if you do not own a dedicated own server.
I know for what is Mod Security.
Not need disable Mod Security forever, but need disable and check is problem still there, if that yes problem, need better configure.
I've had this problem on one of the my servers, I just want to say what is the cause and how to determine whether to Mod Security as in my case.

info@startopencart.info
www.startopencart.info

Post by mangoweb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:58 am

Dear friends,
I am having this same problem.
When I try to edit layout files I get 403 error. I checked all permissions manually and also installed the "permission repair" extension. I ran it successfully but it did not fix the 403 error.
Disabling Mod_Security resolves the issue, which off course is not a solution. Any ideas?!

My Install:
cpanel (ver, 80)
-------Install A (Opencart 3.0.2.0, fresh, no theme, no MOD)
-------Install B (Condor2 release from github, 3.0.2.0, fresh, no theme, no MOD)
I have this issue with both installations.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 am

When I try to edit layout files I get 403 error. I checked all permissions manually and also installed the "permission repair" extension. I ran it successfully but it did not fix the 403 error.
No error / server access logs posted. Forum rules.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mangoweb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

My apologies,

Code: Select all

2019-07-11 12:40:29.044447 [INFO] [1xx.xx.xx.xx:61542:HTTP2-1] File not found [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/403.shtml]

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Your host console must probably be configured to load an SHTML file to output a 403 error message which this file does not exist on your FTP. However, I doubt that the error message you're encountering is related to that specifically. If you use cPanel, look under your root FTP folder for access logs or logs folder. Download the most recent file date and see.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mangoweb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm

I really appreciate your quick reply.
I have a bunch of other errors in cpanel as well, I suspect it's related to the current issue:

2019-07-11 15:35:06.776789 [INFO] [xxxxxxxxxxx:xxx3:HTTP2-171] File not found [/home/****/public_html/catalog/view/javascript/jquery/swiper/js/maps/swiper.jquery.js.map] 
2019-07-11 15:34:11.129475 [INFO] [165.73.18.63:53023:HTTP2-169] File not found [/home/xxxx/public_html/404.shtml] 
straightlight wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Your host console must probably be configured to load an SHTML file to output a 403 error message which this file does not exist on your FTP. However, I doubt that the error message you're encountering is related to that specifically. If you use cPanel, look under your root FTP folder for access logs or logs folder. Download the most recent file date and see.
Yes, I am root user in cPanel.
Public_ftp is empty
In root folder I have "logs" folder which contains .gz logs. most recent file is from yesterday. These logs don't contain the word "error" in them.

Thanks in advance

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 am

Download the gz file and extract it. Look inside the file for the most recent errors about the routes you are reporting about.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mangoweb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:56 am

Thanks for your interest in my issue. I forwarded these errors to my Hosting support and they replied:

a 'mod_security' rule has been met with us and that this has caused the block. This appears to have been a false positive which has since been removed. 
Please note that there could be further rules that could cause a block. 
I hope this will help someone in the future to figure out the cause faster!

Post by Start Open Cart » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Try with new rules, like root and also from cpanel account for that sites.

info@startopencart.info
www.startopencart.info

Post by Start Open Cart » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:02 pm

For Centos server have some solution if need for Open Cart, there is couple links for help.
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/mod_se ... c4a910c8d3

info@startopencart.info
www.startopencart.info

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:06 pm

mangoweb wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:56 am
Thanks for your interest in my issue. I forwarded these errors to my Hosting support and they replied:

a 'mod_security' rule has been met with us and that this has caused the block. This appears to have been a false positive which has since been removed. 
Please note that there could be further rules that could cause a block. 
I hope this will help someone in the future to figure out the cause faster!
Make some tests on Opencart and see if there are other rules, from the logs you provided, if the issue persists since your host did took care of mod security on their end.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON