Post by decentralizedgames » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi,

I get high-res product images on my top category, sub-category pages, however on the product pages the images are blurred unless hovering for zoom. How is this changed to just having the high-res image visible as default?

Top Category

Sub Category

Product Page

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Post by decentralizedgames » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:27 pm

**** This isn't really a good comment to add, because without thumbnails you can't seem to adjust the resolution at all even after hovering on the image which provides high-res, it reverts back after moving the mouse off. **** But I've commented a few things below to give an understanding of the mix-match resolutions for no reason, all I want is the high-res image to be default.

On closer inspection, it's even a more specific problem. The default image is blurred, but just clicking the thumbnail once (not zoom, but that does make it full quality too) actually makes the image full quality?

I'm confused by this. OpenCart seems to be rendering it at a lower resolution by default, how to adjust this?

Any chance this is relative? Image

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 pm

I don't think it's the resolution, I think it's the JPG compression which I think is only adjustable in the code itself:
viewtopic.php?t=163923

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by decentralizedgames » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 pm

I really appreciate your response, I followed all those methods, attempted to increase the quality to 100. Even adjusted to utilize progressive JPEGs, but to no avail.

I'm thinking that is along those lines. But it still hasn't solved the problem. Here's a product page - http://ozzentials.com.au/index.php?rout ... duct_id=47

Now you can see it defaults to a rather blurry image, but you can hover for it to show a good quality one. Also weirdly enough, if you just click 1 thumbnail, it defaults the quality to 100%. I find the thumbnail part particularly strange.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Well, your main problem is, that you have configured your cached images to
228x228 pixel, but then, they need to be enlarged, and this enlargment makes
those images look bad. So, better set the images to 535x535 pixel, then, they
will be, at best, shrinked to a smaller size, where they appear, and so still look
much better.
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by psxgamer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 am

Are you using J2 or J3. You have to increase the image size in your Journal settings. Else they will look blurry.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:45 am

Well, he solved the Image Size Problem, as it looks, but it's
probably only wasted time, to come back and confirm it,
but that's a usual habit for most around here ... :-(
But such can be solved easy, by pushing the FOO button,
just to make one remember, for the next time to come ... :-)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland