Post by niroc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:01 am

Ever since I upgraded to Opencart Version 3.0.2.0 a significant minority of my customers have been ordering more items than they meant to because the cart doesn't show what they have already placed in it, so they add it again. They are not all savvy enough to know about forcing a page reload, which usually fixes it, and anyway they shouldn't have to. Is there anything I can do to stop this problem?

Post by OSWorX » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:46 am

Do you know which browser is used?
And if the issue is at all.

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by niroc » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 am

I don't know my customers' browsers, but I myself have certainly experienced a similar caching issue with the admin panel using both Firefox and Chrome. After reading around a bit more I have contacted my web host to see if there is any server caching going on that could be deactivated.

Post by OSWorX » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm

As far as I can remember, there are some issues with OC 3.0.2 and cache.
Mostly with MSIE browser.
Use the search here and I am sure you will find corresponding threads.
Don't think that is has to do with server cache.
And it could be also an issue of the used template (if custom).

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by knoxbuttetech » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 am

Is there any progress on this? I'm having the same issue except it happens on every page of my site. It always shows an outdated version of the page unless the user refreshes the page from their browser. For example when they remove an item from the cart it will act like it refreshed but the page content will stay the same no matter how many times the delete button is pressed. If refresh is pressed on the browser it will show the correct information. If they leave that page, add an item to the cart and then go to view cart, it won't show the updated information until refresh has been pressed on the browser. Similar things happen on all pages. I've tried clearing any cache I can find, I've tried it with and without SEO URLs and nothing works. I don't get any page errors in the console in developer tools. I have these issues in Chrome and Edge, except on edge if I pull up the developer console the problems go away. What can I do? I need to launch my site soon.

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 pm

knoxbuttetech wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 am
What can I do? I need to launch my site soon.
You can always ask for commercial support, if you can't solve the issue by yourself.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom