Post by daytonbuilder » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:56 pm

My website is going blank every so many days. Website located here: https://www.cdracks.com/ This morning (11/21/2018) the website has gone blank again. This time of year the site being down is hurting our business and its annoying when your site crashes every few days. I found this article: https://multimerch.com/blog/blank-pages ... on-causes/

I believe the problem might be vqmod related but not sure. When I overwrite the vqcache files with an older version saved from a few months back, the site comes back up. Then in a few days to a week the homepage goes blank again. So this only seems to be a temporary fix.

I found the server logs trying to identify the issue, but there are lots of entries and I am not sure what might cause my site to crash. I have attached the error log produced by OpenCart (storage/logs) to this post. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Using OpenCart 3.0.2.0
VQMod Manager 3.2.0

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Check the PHP logs for any fatal errors causing 500 internal server error. The OpenCart logs wouldn't log that.

Once that is done, you can easily determine the issue. Restoring the cache file would be useless.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by kerim92 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:36 pm

contact hosting provider about "max_user_connections"
may be you reached max user connection.
in think you should increase it.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Code: Select all

2018-11-21 11:23:19 - PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 48674 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in MyRoot/public_html/vqmod/vqmod.php on line 147
"possibly out of free disk space"

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by daytonbuilder » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Good information provided.

Post #1 MarketInSG: For now, my server error logs are huge and only go back 24-48 hours so, I missed the window to get those in time. If/when the site crashes again will need to get those errors within 24 hours to post from hosting provider.

Post #2 kerim92: max_user_connections is set at 20. Because its a shared server there is no upping this unless I get VPS or dedicated.

Reply #3 paulfeakins: The "possibly out of free disk space" error was because this website was a heavy user and they ran out of hosting disk space a few times. I think it was on this date of the crash that his space ran out again, and was finally upped quite a bit to give him more room. Since this was an action on the same day of the crash, I suppose its possible the site shutting down was the cause of this error. Not sure.

When this happens again I will get those server logs and post the entries. Thank you all for your help!

Post by Elevate » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:42 pm

daytonbuilder wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:11 pm
Good information provided.

Post #1 MarketInSG: For now, my server error logs are huge and only go back 24-48 hours so, I missed the window to get those in time. If/when the site crashes again will need to get those errors within 24 hours to post from hosting provider.

Post #2 kerim92: max_user_connections is set at 20. Because its a shared server there is no upping this unless I get VPS or dedicated.

Reply #3 paulfeakins: The "possibly out of free disk space" error was because this website was a heavy user and they ran out of hosting disk space a few times. I think it was on this date of the crash that his space ran out again, and was finally upped quite a bit to give him more room. Since this was an action on the same day of the crash, I suppose its possible the site shutting down was the cause of this error. Not sure.

When this happens again I will get those server logs and post the entries. Thank you all for your help!
I personally think your hosting provider is limiting you more than you may be aware, even for a shared plan. I followed your nameserver info and there isn't even a website for this provider. Who are they?

ELEV8TE Website Development
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA