Post by ts2323 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi,

As I am selling an online service I need to add a 'username' field to each product. If the customer is logged in (with email address) then the field should lookup (in a custom API) what usernames are associated with the customers email address and present as a drop-down.
Alternatively it could be done on the check-out page but then there is a problem if there are several products in the cart, each requiring different username.

Is anything like this possible? I can't seem to find any extensions even remotely dealing with something like this.
Anybody know of any extensions specifically for 'online services'?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am already using VQmod for other things, but if I add a dropdown on the product page then how do I pass the selected username on to the cart as a custom_field?

Thanks.

Post by ts2323 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

I think I might be good actually.
I found out how to add an Option field to a Product and see how this enters the DB in the order_option table.

Anyway still might be interested in any extensions geared towards 'online services' as the whole OpenCart seems to be geared towards physical products (albeith with downloadable products too but not 'services').

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 am

ts2323 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm
Is anything like this possible? I can't seem to find any extensions even remotely dealing with something like this.
Are you a developer? If not probably post a paid support request in the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ts2323 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 am
Are you a developer? If not probably post a paid support request in the Commercial Support forum.
Yes developer but mostly for other things, I am fairly new to OpenCart.
I think I can wing it with VQMod but thanks I might try the paid support.

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:48 am

If you intend to connect with a username and password via a service provider and that you feel that posting in the Commercial Support section of the forum is the best option at this time, ensure to include the API documentation on your post announcement.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON