Post by maillywoo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi, my problem as follow:
The Order ID in my opencart is #1250 and the Invoice ID in my PAYPAL is 1250. Actually they are the same in customer name and email adress between opencart and paypal as well. So we can judge that they are the same order. However, the order details are different! :choke: Item details are different and the totals are different as well(two attached images for reference)
Is there anyone can tell me What is the problem? ???

Attachments

PAYPAL.png

PAYPAL.png (29.82 KiB) Viewed 5534 times

OPENCART.png

OPENCART.png (28.27 KiB) Viewed 5534 times

Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:41 am

Those are definitely two different orders. I think your the order number / invoice ID you're matching are not correct. OpenCart may not be sending that info correctly, so you should look into that.

If you think it's a bug in your PayPal extension, you may need to hire someone to take a look at it. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by maillywoo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:46 pm

I don't think i had described the problem well. Let me try again.

More than 700 real orders paid by paypal standard payment in my Opencart web-site is normal:
if the order numbers in opencart site is the same as the invoice IDs in Paypal, these two items mean the same one order : their buyer name,buyer email and order totals would be all the same.

but Now,
some orders appear to be running into problems:according to the order number in opencart site and the invoice IDs in Paypal,
these two items have the same,buyer name ,buyer email,but different order total.

for a real example, my customer go to my website to intend to place an order ,and select the "paypal standard payment " and has paid 42dollars in paypal,later he received the "order notification email" from my opencart site showing that he have only paid 25dollars for a product he didnot intend to buy.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Were the customers with these orders using Internet Explorer 11? You can tell by looking at the User Agent field in Additional tab under Order History for that order. The field will have 'Trident/7.0; rv:11.0' in it somewhere if it's Internet Explorer 11.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tingwing » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 pm

I have exactly the same problem,the money I recieve at paypal is different from the order total at opencart-backend-order.
the invoice id at paypal is the same as at the order id at opencart,but their order total are different..

most of orders are ok,but sometimes show up such an abnormal order, especially when one customer place more than one orders at my site.

any suggesion would be appreciated

thanks

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 am

Which version of OpenCart and which PayPal module?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by sw!tch » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 am

Seen this with Journal and using the one-page checkout. State your OC versions and any checkout modules.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by tingwing » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 am
Which version of OpenCart and which PayPal module?
opencart3.0.2,standard paypal,journal3

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Seen this with Journal and using the one-page checkout
That would be my guess.

perhaps trace what you are sending to paypal vs. your database.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan