Post by Waffleboy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 am

Hello all, first post here,
I already have a design for my website, with css and jquery and all such. However, when needing to implement a shopping cart, I went with OpenCart since its open source and I can use my preexisting designs. However, the default opencart theme requires bootstrap, which my preexisting code doesn't, so when I try to blend my preexisting site and opencart together, the bootstrap completely destroys the deign of the site.
So my question is if there is a way I can implement opencart to my site without bootstrap, or is there a bootstrapless opencart theme available? Or is there even a way to isolate the bootstrap to the open cart functions entirely.
I greatly appreciate your guys help, this shopping cart aspect of my site is really killing me.
Thank you!

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 pm

As well as Bootstrap, OpenCart uses certain class names for elements of functionality so even if there was a non-bootstrap theme, you would have to make further HTML/CSS changes for things to work.

OpenCart isn't really designed to be added as a shopping cart after a site has already been built, so you have sort of done it backwards I'm afraid.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom