Post by lukeketchum1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:51 am

Hello guys,

I am using the built in opencart import/export tool to import product information to my store
Specifically I am using version 3.2.0 of this tool alongside version Version 3.0.2.0 of Opencart.

Basically I manually added a few thousand products to the store using the OpenCart interface before I found out about this tool (The pain, the suffering), I then used the export tool to export the spreadsheet so I could see what formats to use. I am working with a .xlsx file resultantly.

So I added some test products to upload, and it worked no problem. I then uploaded in batches of 100-200 and it was great so I thought I'd go in for the kill. I have finished adding around 11,000 additional products to the spreadsheet now, the store has 3.6k on it already, and will have about 14.6k when this import works.

The problem is when I import, it doesn't do anything. It looks like it's working on it, and then it just simply gives me the 'welcome to import export tool' message again... There are no errors under maintenance > error logs.

I also looked on error_log on the root of my opencart directory, there is nothing from the last month(s) on there.
However in the admin error_log file I found this

[04-Oct-2018 17:40:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/CachedObjectStorage/Memory.php on line 49
[04-Oct-2018 17:44:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in system/library/export_import/Classes/PHPExcel/CachedObjectStorage/Memory.php on line 49

Potentially I am simply trying to import too much at once for whatever memory is allocated to the tool? Is this something I need to address with PHP? or with this actual file that it references?

Any help appreciated,

Best regards

Luke

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:12 am

Issue about an installed extension. Contact the extension developer to resolved this issue.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:58 pm

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:51 am
Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
Seems like a clue.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom