Post by X-Bumble » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi there,
Hope someone can help me.
I'm running OC3.0.2.0. I have all the products in and the site is working perfectly apart form one thing.
When editing a product, there is the tab marked SEO. If I add a keyword to that default SEO field, it breaks the link of the product. So for example, once added to the back-end, if I click on the product after searching for it, I get a page not found error as below:
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.
Where 'dominaname' is the actual domain name. The two examples are from choosing the product directly in the front end, and also after searching for the product in the front-end.

But if I remove the SEO keyword from the product in the back-end, and then check it in the front-end, it links perfectly.
  • I have checked my shop settings, and under the 'server' tab, 'use seo URLs' has been set to yes.
  • The .htaccess file is live and has the right name.
  • The SEO links have been set up correctly under 'design --> SEO URL'.
If I remove the SEO then all is fine. but obviously my client wants the SEO to operate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by X-Bumble on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post by kestas » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Did you change name of htaccess.txt to htaccess. ?

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by X-Bumble » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Yes, it is .htaccess as it should be.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Have you put the same SEO keyword for multiple products?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom