Post by escozul » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 am

Hello All,

Tried sending mail from my opencart 3.0.2.0 in any way I could think of
  • Tried Sending through Marketing ->mail... nothing (Your message has been successfully sent to 0 of 0 recipients! :/)
  • Tried Asking for a password reset... got no email
  • Tried to change the status of an order and notify customer.... nothing
  • Tried to get a notification to the store default email... nothing

the weird thing is I get no error anywhere.
I used the php mail function (the default mail preference) and although it works if I write my own php file, for opencart doesn't and doesn't even give out an error!

I'd love some help people I'm lost here.

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:49 pm

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by escozul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:53 pm

No that's not it. I have like 41-42 events or so. A bunch of mail events

I even tried using SMTP settings and they did not work either. Any other ideas please?

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:31 pm

I even tried using SMTP settings and they did not work either. Any other ideas please?
Yes, to provide the full details of the issue when trying the SMTP protocol. Forum rules.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by escozul » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Sure,

The issue does not change when I try the SMTP settings.
No mails leave. When I try to send a test mail using the Marketing ->mail menu in the admin panel I got a message 0 out of 0 messages sent and got no mail.
When I try to reset my password I get no reset password mail. (I saw in the logs that there was a password reset request)
Tried to change the status of an order and notify customer.... nothing
Tried to get a notification to the store default email... nothing

The issue remains the same as it did when I used the php mail function or SMTP to send mails. I have no errors in any error log, any errors on the page.
It's just that mails do not get sent or delivered from the website (totallybeauty.gr)

I'd love to have an error message or code but I have none. As I said, php mail works on the server if I use a custom php file that sends a test mail.

Do you need me to post the SMTP settings? Will that help troubleshooting?

Thank you.

PS I also Include a screenshot of the settings using SMTP. However I use SMTP only for testing. I always revert back to mail. And the behaviour is the same. No mails go out using either mail or SMTP. I get no errors using any protocol.

Attachments

Screenshot of Settings.jpg

Screenshot of Settings.jpg (131.13 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 am

Using Yahoo domain. Try with Gmail instead.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by escozul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi!
Thanks for the reply.

You mean the -f option? I thought it was an attribute to make the mail appear that it's FROM: (email@email.com)

Post by escozul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 am

Any other suggestions? Changing the -f option to another email did not help either...

Could you please help me resolve the issue?