Post by lovenatural » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:32 am

Hello. I have a weird situations. I uninstalled all my addons, upgraded my opencart database from 2.0.1 to 3.0.2 , then used brand new 3.0.2 files for that upgraded database, added new matching versions of my addons. everything works perfect, but site will not send out emails. i have tried every possible combination to set it up in settings under mail with 0 results. Then i installed (not an upgrade) a brand new 3.0.2 on the same exact server in the near folder and added the same exact addons to it. i tested with the brand new install to send out emails (using the same settings and same email address), and it works with no problem.
Then i switched the database of the upgraded store with the brand new one, and it works, but when i am using the upgraded database with that same store files emails wont go.
Mail settings are identical on both, files are identical (because i am switching the databases and using the same folder for testing), server is the same, the only thing different is the database. How can i solve the email problem of the one with upgraded database? I really need clues.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:54 pm

In your admin - > extensions - > events page, ensure to see at least 33 events listed and to have properly configured the admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > mail tab - > both forms on the page.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lovenatural » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:54 pm
In your admin - > extensions - > events page, ensure to see at least 33 events listed and to have properly configured the admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > mail tab - > both forms on the page.
You are an opencart god!
thank you so much!