Post by Lamsari » Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm

I am able to login to my admin panel up to dashboard.
But every time I click on links in the admin panel such as Catalog, Extension, Design, Marketing, System and others, it takes me again to "Please enter your login details" page with warning Invalid token session. Please login again.

This started to happen yesterday. Before, the site worked just normally. No recent change or addition of extension.

Anyone, please help with fixing this issue.

Thanks.

Post by acx » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 am

Have you made any changes recently?

This tends to happen when the url gets malformed; most commonly, a space between the token =sdgsghuisdjndsui

Extensions I've made (free):

Breadcrumbs for 2.3.0.2 & 3.0.2.0 Breadcrumb links for subcategories & parent category on product pages
Product Requests Allow customers to request notifications for sold out products
Abandoned Carts Send inquiries to abandoned carts to complete checkout or provide feedback
Ghost Orders Cleanup residue left behind by one page checkout addons

acx

Post by Lamsari » Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 am

No change made recently.

Could you help with how to fix this? Step by step. tks.

Post by Lamsari » Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 am

I see the url. no space.
token=rxjz2Yy5NPOiL1z

Post by Lamsari » Wed May 02, 2018 1:32 am

Really disappointed with opencart. I have never seen anything like this in my other stores using magento and prestashop.
The only reason I began to use opencart (using opencart 3.0.2) for a new store is that it loads relatively faster than the other two.
But opencart turns out to be really unstable.

The issue happens for no known reason.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Lamsari wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:32 am
Really disappointed with opencart.
This is actually more likely to be a server problem.

Lamsari wrote:
I have never seen anything like this in my other stores using magento and prestashop.
Yes you have, Magento is full of issues and you know it.

Lamsari wrote:
The only reason I began to use opencart (using opencart 3.0.2) for a new store is that it loads relatively faster than the other two.
Correct.

Lamsari wrote:
But opencart turns out to be really unstable.
Incorrect.

Lamsari wrote:
The issue happens for no known reason.
Well if you don't know what the issue is, don't blame OpenCart, when it's likely to be your web server.

If you haven't made any changes to the OpenCart code then it can't be OpenCart because OpenCart doesn't change or update itself.

My bet here is that your server has a problem with session files, so you should ask your web host to check those.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by Lamsari » Thu May 03, 2018 1:59 am

No change to the server. Exact server setting and configuration used since I installed this opencart 3.0.2 from the start.
It ran well for a month, all of sudden, invalid token sessions. please login again on using any functionlity in admin panel.

Checked with hosting - nothing changed. Very clear to me, the blame is on OPENCART not hosting.

My other stores (non-opencart) for years never has this invalid token issue. This is the first time I am seeing it - only with OPENCART.

If no one can even offer any solution - clearly it is OPENCART to blame.

Post by sw!tch » Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 am

1. Try clearing your bowser cache.

2. Are you opening Admin links in a new tab after logging in?

3. As others have said, it sounds like a server issue with sessions. Do you have mod_security enabled? If so maybe see it's flagging some rule.

4. Try the live OC demo site, see if you get invalid token there. If not then most likely something you did or something with your server configuration.

It would be helpful to let people know what you have tried rather then bash FREE software. ::)

Backup and [ learn how to recover ] before you make any changes.

Post by Lamsari » Thu May 03, 2018 4:37 am

Your steps have been tried.
As I said, site ran smoothly the last one month. A couple of market place extensions were added when it started a month ago. Site worked normally.
This began to happen 2 days ago all of sudden.
No change to server configuration at all.
Why is it so hard for you acknowledge there is something wrong with opencart. I am not bashing . Opencart is simply not a good store. My other stores in the same server never had login and invalid token issues as in Opencart.

Not only there is something wrong, there many wrongs. Why is it hard for you to acknowledge that? Contact us form did not work until I paid someone to fix it. Users can use add to cart button even though products are out of stock. No product filters. Many other issues.

Free? That's clearly misleading. With basic issues such as invalid token and a lack of basic functionalities - it is not free at all. One has to spend a few hundred dollars to make it work like a normal online store.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Lamsari wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:37 am
As I said, site ran smoothly the last one month. A couple of market place extensions were added when it started a month ago.
Try disabling them and the clearing and refreshing the OCMOD cache.

Lamsari wrote:
Not only there is something wrong, there many wrongs. Why is it hard for you to acknowledge that? Contact us form did not work until I paid someone to fix it. Users can use add to cart button even though products are out of stock. No product filters. Many other issues.
If it were true we'd agree, but it's not. A fresh OpenCart works fine, you've somehow messed it up.

Lamsari wrote:
Free? That's clearly misleading. With basic issues such as invalid token and a lack of basic functionalities - it is not free at all. One has to spend a few hundred dollars to make it work like a normal online store.
Absolute rubbish, plenty of our clients run fairly default stores with very few extensions and they work very well.

Expert Member

Post by Lamsari » Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 am

Rubbish??? All I said there are true.
Add to cart button works even though products are out of stock. This is a basic function that is in other stores. Not in opencart.
How can I disable? Every time I click on cataglog, extensions, etc it show invalid sessions.

You don't want to acknowloedge how bad opencart is.

Post by sw!tch » Fri May 04, 2018 4:34 am

Lamsari wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 am
Add to cart button works even though products are out of stock. This is a basic function that is in other stores. Not in opencart.
How can I disable? Every time I click on cataglog, extensions, etc it show invalid sessions.

Troll much?

If it's so bad then move on to another cart. Why are you still here?

Nobody is going to help you when all you do is whine. Move on or man up and pay someone to properly setup your cart.

Backup and [ learn how to recover ] before you make any changes.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Lamsari wrote:
If it were true I'd be the first to admit it. But it's not.

Lamsari wrote:
Actually I found it to be the best of the PHP open source shopping carts after extensive research and testing.

But @sw!tch is right - we provide our time here for free so if you do want help I suggest you ask nicely.

Expert Member

Post by Sinto001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:37 pm

I am also getting the same error.. Any fix to this problem ????????

Post by paulfeakins » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:37 am

Sinto001 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:37 pm
I am also getting the same error.. Any fix to this problem ????????
This is old. Submit a new topic with:
- Your OpenCart version
- Your theme
- What extensions you have installed
- Exactly what you do to trigger the problem
- Any changes you made just before it started

Expert Member

Post by Sinto001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Lamsari wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm
I am able to login to my admin panel up to dashboard.
But every time I click on links in the admin panel such as Catalog, Extension, Design, Marketing, System and others, it takes me again to "Please enter your login details" page with warning Invalid token session. Please login again.

This started to happen yesterday. Before, the site worked just normally. No recent change or addition of extension.

Anyone, please help with fixing this issue.

Thanks.
Actually what I came to know is that this occur with certain Internet Service Providers only... I have Airtel Internet and I also faced the same issue. While other support team in other internet providers where able to log in.

Post by letxobnav » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:45 pm

The only conditions which trigger that token error message are:

1) You have a user_token defined in your session (which happens when you login) but there is no user_token in the GET variables of the page.
or
2) You have both defined but they are not the same.

So this is not a "losing the session" issue as that would not trigger either.
My guess is in most cases this is due to a poorly written extension which messes with the user_token in the get variables or
a server setting/module which messes with the get variables.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Fabienlolo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Could it be Javascript related? I am not sure as you are saying the change comes from nowhere and you did not change anything from your OC files. But i had invalid token issue and got kicked out from adminpanel every single click. It was javascript related and i could solve my issue. So just in case you want to give it a look, see this topic if your browser console gives you javascript issue: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=212504 Fabienlolo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:53 am.
Hope that could help.

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico